I think I'm going with a KPT-942 setup for my 904's

I have been looking at the Commercial Cinema Fall 2012 document, and I think I have found a great setup. The KPT 942 which uses the KPT-904 bass bin and the KPT-402-HF Tractrix Horn with a K-1132 2-inch exit titanium compression driver is THX certified. I have the diagram for the 904M-B network. Is the network for the 942 the same? With the dramatically larger horn, it seems like there should be some way to step it down or step up the bass bin. I'm not sure if the 942 network can be purchased seperately.

The K-1132 is a good cinema driver, but does not go up high enough for the home. I suggest the B&C'S D-75 on the 402 or the K-69.

The venue is actually a shop. Below is a drawing of the shop with the current LS/THT configuration:

post-49931-13819855213536_thumb.jpg

Looks like a fun project. You can order the KPT-402-HF with the B&C or K-69 from American Cinema, the price should be about the same either way. The K-1132, as I recall rolls off above 12KHz to meet the THX spec. The KPT-942's passive crossover would work, you would just need to add some attenuation and possibly some CD EQ.

I just got a price, and the KPT-402 HF's are over a grand each. I think I'm gonna make coffee tables out of the bass bins until I save enough to make this upgrade. Yes, they are for behind the screen, but I think the Audyssey may correct for that. By the time I am ready to throw down coin for the tops, I will have those networks ready to roll. Looks now like it will be mid-July before I can take this on. Another point of note is the amp size. If I want to play crushingly loud music, the little Integra at 150 WPC 2 channels driven, aint gonna do it. It was fine for the LaScalas. What this means is I would be buying an amp as well. That way, I can make those front 3 louder if desired. I will likely use pro amps with gain knobs to crank them up. Same with the subs...

I just got a price, and the KPT-402 HF's are over a grand each. I think I'm gonna make coffee tables out of the bass bins until I save enough to make this upgrade. Yes, they are for behind the screen, but I think the Audyssey may correct for that. By the time I am ready to throw down coin for the tops, I will have those networks ready to roll. Looks now like it will be mid-July before I can take this on. Another point of note is the amp size. If I want to play crushingly loud music, the little Integra at 150 WPC 2 channels driven, aint gonna do it. It was fine for the LaScalas. What this means is I would be buying an amp as well. That way, I can make those front 3 louder if desired. I will likely use pro amps with gain knobs to crank them up. Same with the subs...

When my 904's still had the passive crossovers in them I used Juicy Music pCat's@ 25wpc to power them and could make your ears bleed ! They don't have to have a lot of power . Now that I use an active crossover I just use the pCat's for the 402's .

• 5 years later...
On 6/2/2013 at 2:11 PM, mustang guy said:

I have been looking at the Commercial Cinema Fall 2012 document, and I think I have found a great setup. The KPT 942 which uses the KPT-904 bass bin and the KPT-402-HF Tractrix Horn with a K-1132 2-inch exit titanium compression driver is THX certified. I have the diagram for the 904M-B network. Is the network for the 942 the same? With the dramatically larger horn, it seems like there should be some way to step it down or step up the bass bin. I'm not sure if the 942 network can be purchased seperately.

I was wondering if you srill had the diagram of the 904-m-b network ? I have this network with the 904 bins that im trying to build a two channel system with. Im searching for my best route as far as a h/f setup is to go with my bins. Any furthur insight? Lol i know its 2018 now but have been reading alot of old threads on this. Thanks 

I have a KT1132 that we tested when I purchased my k402 (BNIB)...make me an offer, and it might be yours. I am using EV DH1a drivers instead.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk