WTB: looking for an older pioneer or similar

Scrappydue

How many watts are you looking for? These look interesting and not far from you:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3786094603.html

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3809577586.html

Good luck in your search.

i have looked at both of these and the pioneer is about 3 hours from me. i have done so much driving the last few days i got to give myself like a week of in town only driving. but the pioneer sure does look nice in that one.

Need to get HK 430,630,730 for the sound of those alone. They are getting kinda high on e-bay. I got a 630 needs repair if your interested. Give a call. Rick

rick, the harmons are sweet looking but i love the look of the wooden case so i am gonna try and find something like that first.

I have a Pioneer SA 8800 amp with matching TX 7800 receiver. Both in walnut and in excellent condition. The amp is 80 wpc. Let me know if you would be interested. I think they're both from 1978 or 79.

pic looks like the amp says 7800 for the amp section. are the cases just off in these photos? are these safe to ship as well? dont know much about this older gear. except i love the sound of the ones i have heard. could you pm with an actual asking price? they do look very nice and i would consider yours over something local if the price is right

Don't rule out Sansui either. The older units sound fantastic. I have used Sansui and Marantz with my cornwalls and both sounded stunning.

I agree regarding Sansui or Marantz. Good units are not hard to find, in "good" condition, at excellent prices.

I had been running a set of CWII with a Kenwood KA 7100 (completely recapped and I'm only not listening to it since I have been swapping amps) and loved the sound. It also has a very quiet phono section if you listen to vinyl. This is a great bargain near you:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3797575763.html

If you sell the EQ for $100 then it will only cost you $100.

The Pioneer SX 980 would also be a great match for the CW (and there's two available in the KC craiglist). Lots of clean power to run CW. I initially auditioned my CWII on a Pioneer SX 1280.

If it's in your budget a Sansui G-9000, http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3800874533.html, would also be great (nice price since they are going for 1K on that auction site).

Scrappydue,

I sent the wrong photo (that's what I get for playing at work). I'll send you the correct photo when I get home. My units both have nice walnut cabs and the amp IS a SA 8800.

MB

let me know more about these when you can. They look interesting

Don't rule out Sansui either. The older units sound fantastic. I have used Sansui and Marantz with my cornwalls and both sounded stunning.

I agree regarding Sansui or Marantz. Good units are not hard to find, in "good" condition, at excellent prices.

[Y] Sansui 9090 and 9090DB both sound good. So does some of the Marantz receivers. 2270, 2285B, 2325. Had to thin the Herd so 2270 now lives with my brother and 2285B lives with my cousin.

Son PISSES OFF HIS NEIGHBOR with Pioneer SX950 and LaScala's.

Some good old stuff out there if one wants it.

.......................................................................................................Taz