La Scala History....

Does anyone know how the La Scala got its name? I am versed in the history of the speaker, how it gained popularity, etc.... but how did it get its name!? Has it got anything to do with the opera house in Milan, Italy?

I recall that somewhere in the writings, PWK explained that he was looking for names which were euphonic (good sounding) and picked LaScala. He also said he did not find any more euphonic names.

I think that LaScala opera house was named for its steps which is also a bit like musical scales, or steps, in name. Not that PWK had anything to do with that.

As far as the history, I've wondered whether the very first one for the political campaign was the runt, which has room for a woofer smaller than 15 inches, to my eyeball approximation.

WMcD

I recall that somewhere in the writings, PWK explained that he was looking for names which were euphonic (good sounding) and picked LaScala. He also said he did not find any more euphonic names.

I think that LaScala opera house was named for its steps which is also a bit like musical scales, or steps, in name. Not that PWK had anything to do with that.

As far as the history, I've wondered whether the very first one for the political campaign was the runt, which has room for a woofer smaller than 15 inches, to my eyeball approximation.

WMcD

You probably got that from the Bruce Edgar interview of PWK for "Speaker Builder" magazine.

post-9312-13819855462038_thumb.jpg

WMcD

You probably got that from the Bruce Edgar interview of PWK for "Speaker Builder" magazine.

Thank you for that. I really like the La Scala and have a real love for it.

I find it odd that PWK himself stated that the La Scala was not designed for that political campaign, and yet the story is in nearly every ad for or description of the La Scala and La Scala II.

La Scalas (original and second-generation) have enough strong selling points that it shouldn't be necessary to keep repeating the story of something that never happened.

Also, thanks to Bruce for the link to the La Scala history. [Y] There's some useful info in there.

Yeah, well, Bob C. is messing with me. It was myself who posted the Edgar interview.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/51004/485609.aspx#485609

Any LS lover will like the AES article by PWK.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/53292/510915.aspx#510915

Years ago I could post my collection of articles frequently. But now I'm mostly just referring to those posts.

WMcD