Synergy SUB-10 Value?

Sancho Panza

I personally don't think the SUB-10 is a very good subwoofer at all, for HT or music. Also, the amps have been prone to fail.

Bill

I agree with Bill. Even if the sub is working properly now, the amps are ticking time bombs prone to letting the magic smoke out without notice.

If I can get 1 good sub, Klipsch, SVS, et Cerera, I'll move 1 cheapie up front & have 2 cheap Onkyo subs in the small parlor, which will be good enough, for that room, for now. Only time I ever spent money on a good sub, out went out 1 month out of warranty. I like Klipsch subs, from what I've heard, but the lack of warrantee concerns me at only 2 years.

So, want to buy 6, 1 at a time, would like at least have matching pairs, if not all.

But, *'s List & uMay keep getting my $, LoL!

I don't know why you would ever wanna buy 6 klipsch subs. Why not buy a single fantastic sub? Svs come with a 5 year warranty and I just had a guy at my house a week ago and he has 6 sw-112's and said a single ultra destroyed it in output and of course plummeted way lower then those things go. You get what you pay for. Best thing my dad ever taught me. Except for 5,000$ power cables. Those are just a ripoff

The advantage of multiple subs is to smooth the bass response in the room. The return on the 3 rd and 4 th sub go down in an average size room. You will not not get more extension out of multiple less powerful subs: headroom will increase in the system and several inexpensive subs can work really well if you are not a bass head and like seeing doors move, pictures rattel, or need to see the guy next to you look like he is having a siezure, lol. [8-|] Wait, did I say that in a subwoofer forum?[:S]

THANKS, everyone, for your input, keep it coming.

My dad taught me not to put all my eggs in 1 basket; if it goes out...

So some, or none, may be Klipsch, some, down the road maybe built by Moi, I plan on 4-6, 1 @ a time & in pairs; subject to change, of course, due to opportunities & the fact that my twin sons, Lee & Jackson, should be my grandsons & have grown rather fond of shoes, food, & trips to Floridays.

Plus, my room is rather large. Rearranging the gear resulted in much better TV picture, but effectively doubled the volume. Now I have to fill the den, kitchen, and part of the parlor, & oh yes, stairs from den to kitchen & bar area with sound.

Need to look into some retractable doors to close off some of this space.

Not a BASS head. I like it, but want to able to still hear in a few years. Although time around tanks, artillery & jet aircraft didn't help.

Thanks again, everyone for your kind input. Will try to measure room, so we have a better idea of how much space I want to fill.

bought a RW-12d, newegg special, (finally got free of C$%#@!'s List & uMay) not bad for $280...will send the Onkyo up to the parlor for 2 of them there...hope I can get at least 1 more of these, before the box car loads run out at newegg...

next 2 after that...SVS???