Nothing to do with Audio...I caught a Tarpon over 200 lbs. in Florida a couple weeks ago.

I managed to Luck into a once in a Lifetime Fish May 16th in the
Florida Gulf. North of Homosassa. It was the Largest Tarpon my Guide has
ever had to his Boat. It was well over 200 lbs. according to him. (His
description on the Photo, is better than mine - He posted this on his
Facebook Page). He fishes Tarpon 120 Days a year and has seen a lot of
Tarpon. The Fish was hooked on a relatively tiny 1/0 Puglisi Peanut Butter Fly.

I fought the fish for 1 hour and 50 minutes. I was
tired enough that I did not fish for 2 days after that and surrendered
the Bow to my Fishing Buddy, who jumped 5 but did not manage to land
any.

I thought I would let my Good Buddies at the Klipsch Forum my good
fortune. Probably the Highlight of my entire fishing life. Am I going
Back next year? Hell Yeah!

This forum always chops off the right side of the picture. To see the whole picture right click on it then Click View Image.

Tarpon2withText_zpsd289f9e4.jpg

RodBendatBoat_zps401284a9.jpg

PuglisiFingerMullet_zpsa878eb8b.jpg

I managed to Luck into a once in a Lifetime Fish last Thursday in the
Florida Gulf. North of Homosassa. It was the Largest Tarpon my Guide has
ever had to his Boat. It was well over 200 lbs.

Way to go, that thing is crazy huge.

Bill

If it were me, I would get a taxidermist duplicate and wall plaque made of that giant. I don't know if you have checked into this, but that may actually be a world record tarpon on fly tackle. The current record is:

"In 1982, Billy Pate set a fly fishing record on 16-pound tippet with a 188-pound tarpon caught off of Homosassa. For the next 19 years, some of the world's best fly fishermen and guides attempted to break Pate's record and become the first angler to land a tarpon on fly fishing tackle that was over 200 pounds.

On May 11, 2001, that feat finally happened. Jim Holland Jr., guided by Captain Steve Kirkpatrick, caught the first tarpon with fly fishing equipment over 200 pounds: a 202-pound, 8-ounce tarpon on 20-pound tippet."

What ya think?

If it were me, I would get a taxidermist duplicate and wall plaque made of that giant. I don't know if you have checked into this, but that may actually be a world record tarpon on fly tackle. The current record is:

"In 1982, Billy Pate set a fly fishing record on 16-pound tippet with a 188-pound tarpon caught off of Homosassa. For the next 19 years, some of the world's best fly fishermen and guides attempted to break Pate's record and become the first angler to land a tarpon on fly fishing tackle that was over 200 pounds.

On May 11, 2001, that feat finally happened. Jim Holland Jr., guided by Captain Steve Kirkpatrick, caught the first tarpon with fly fishing equipment over 200 pounds: a 202-pound, 8-ounce tarpon on 20-pound tippet."

What ya think?

To actually qualify for an offical record, you have to have a 'Class Leader'.....No bigger than 20 lbs. ....We were using 60 lbs. and were not after a record. You also have to pretty much kill the fish to get an accurate weight on a certified scale and measurements. I had a Fly Fishing record at one time back in 1983 for a Silver Salmon...Lots of Hassle though.

I have a couple of the pictures I posted laminated to a Gulf of Mexico Map with the Fly mounted on it in my fly tying room in my basement....and lots of memories. Good enough for me!....Thanks.

You definitely have quite a story to tell! I have a lot of family in Punta Gorda, FL. I need to visit them and do some fishing again. I have never tried Tarpon, but understand they are pound for pound the most fighting fish in the world. I can't imagine how sore your arms were after nearly 2 hours of fighting one of these crazy prehistoric superfish!