Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

tmassey

I'm not huge into the electronic/dance music scene but I just gave this CD a shot. Anyone else listened to this yet? It might be my new favorite CD to put my system through the paces. It's beautifully mastered, catchy, and just fun to listen too and apparently a tribute to the 70's and 80's for bonus points.

I have been awaiting this albums release for some time now. I am also subscribed to a channel on YouTube named "TheCreatorsProject" where they explore and interview new artists from sculptors, painters, interactive artists, clothing designers, musicians, ect......If you like the Arts in any way I suggest you look into it, it has some great artists and Ideas on that channel. Anyway by chance they had a series of interviews with a bunch of the collaborators on R.A.M......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_Yp9BOCaI.....But after waiting so long and after watching all these videos. I was hoping for a little more of a futuristic sound scape.....A lot of the album, to me anyway, sounds a bit like French lounge music....kind of elevator'esk...If you get me, and a little repetitive in parts. But I do still enjoy it....It definitely has more of a movie soundtrack feel then a pop/dance whatever record...I give DaftPunk huge props for not following the regularly scheduled programming.....Nice change of direction. I think my favorite tracks are "Within","Instant Crush"....Along with blasting the Hell out of the beginning of "Doin' it Right"

Available on HD tracks. YesBig Smile ...but seriously compressed compared to the vinyl release. No

I have the HD tracks version and I am not experiencing what appears to be a great deal of compression effects. Watching the read out on dynamic range in Pure Music during playback I didn't think I observed a degree of compression. According to my son, who produces electronic music, its just better for some tracks that have a lot of non instrument content to be a bit more compressed. His observation on RAM are that it was beautifully mastered and the HD tracks version is all we have heard.

At some point I would like to study a track by track comparison.