HT Build Florida

InnerTuber

To the matter at hand, anyone have a particularly good site for calculating the distance she should be from the screen, screen size, projector location while she peddles? I know there are many to choose from. Would like to get the slad to drop in the correct spot behind seating row, (or peddling it appears) 1.

Thanks IT

I've read that ideally, the main seating position should be about 2/3 of the way back in the room.

• 9 months later...

Now for a question. Does anybody know where to get flush mount wall brackets to hang KPT-250 surrounds from? Says they are industry standard mounts, but I'm not seeing much. Would like a flush mount that wraps and attacked to the sides assumming that would keep the speaker closer to the walll than a rear mount.

Thanks

IT

Framing of theater room. Screen end is flush mount wall with 4 foot access to rear. 2-24" doors either side. Subs going in front wall, not the best. Compromise with wife. Left 24" cutouts for when I figure out subs. Probably some forward firing tall behind the wall things. Other 3 cutouts are for left, middle, center. Had to have a couple windows to not mess up exterior facades. Rear wall is 2x4's offset. Should help mitigate sound a little from travelling, but there are really so many big doors it won't much matter. We're not too worried about sound moving thru the house. Might shoot some icene (sp?) to fill a few spots in the trusses. Probably dbl drywall with green glue that rear wall.

post-25805-0-07120000-1396203257_thumb.j

post-25805-0-77280000-1396203267_thumb.j

Edited by InnerTuber

And for the front 3, introducing madness. Set up for a test drive in the rental house while we wait for occupancy. If Bo_e can make your hair blow, these can rip skin off and sound grand while doing so! I run a sub with them, but I'm not sure I need one untill I try to get rediculously low. They go about as low as a mid-road sub. Kinda like I never really needed a sub with KHorns. But I suppose everything helps ;)

post-25805-0-39600000-1396203561_thumb.j

Edited by InnerTuber

About 20 miles NW of downtown Tampa. Kind of horse country.

I would guess in the Keystone/Odessa area.

Oh, backup power coming. We lose power and are low priority to restore zone.

Yeah, I wish we had just bit the bullet and installed a backup generator when we built the house in 2005. Luckily, we have not lost power for more than 1.5hrs in the lat 8.5 years, neither have we had a year like 2004(Charley, Francis, Jeanne).

Bill

3WAY.png

Edited by willland

Good guess. I don't remember exactly what I decided on w/o reading, but it's a monster. It's propane (sadly) 72Kw, no gas where we are. Should run the entire house if we want it too. Buillder started out with 12Kw to keep the fridge and one a/c running. Generac. I like Kohler too, but the Generac is nice as well. Still a LOT of stuff to figure out about this, particularly the electrical and audio/video distribution for the house. Probably end up with Savant controller.

Anyone have really stong opinions on wi-fi brands? Think I need 4-6 wired access points and a switch. I'm only half dumb on that stuff.

Edited by InnerTuber

Looking good, looks like some heavy hitters for speakers that won't disappoint.

As for WiFi I have a netgear45 something or another. It has a 1 gig switch wired for 4. That's the most I can tell Ya.

Keep up the good work and photos.

Edited by duder1982

Just a idea(something I was thinking of doing in my basement/control room). But there are some some 12 volt triggered powered strips, and or boxes with outlets. I was wondering if there is something else like that, that one could wire a couple of outlets to so when they turn on the home theater receiver it would turn on the power amps(of course mainly for the ones using commercial power amps with out 12 volt triggers).

Yes you could always trigger a relay that would then power up some power amps. I've been doing it for 25+ years.

And for the front 3, introducing madness. Set up for a test drive in the rental house while we wait for occupancy. If Bo_e can make your hair blow, these can rip skin off and sound grand while doing so! I run a sub with them, but I'm not sure I need one untill I try to get rediculously low. They go about as low as a mid-road sub. Kinda like I never really needed a sub with KHorns. But I suppose everything helps ;)

Now that's proper!

:emotion-21::emotion-21: