what caps are used in the RF3 xover .specs plz.

quadklipsh

guys , its been a longtime since iv visited the klipsch forum.well ,as i opened up the tower from the crossover plate , i found that my RF3 had been rat bitten . It must have been years ago . As i never saw any rodents at my home. The previous owner had the rear port covered up by a metallic net to keep rats at bay.

My crossover damage includes one capaitor degloving. I can see the metal sheets inside . Half the black plastic cover is absent exposing those sheets of tin foil .

Now i dont know what components are used up there and id surely wana have this cap replaced ... I would also wana know what is an upgrade capacitor that really takes the sound to stardom.

So tell me klipsch gurus what is the replacement of such caps. and what are its values.a friend of mine is in the electronics market and i can just inform him what to get as per your reply. Thanks.

ill be grateful if i could improve my RF3 sound.

why don't you send some good pictures to Klipsch service and they may be able to help you out with an exact replacement. Cap upgrade/replacement often comes down to cost and size. You only have so much money and so much space and you will have to find a fit. As an alternate you could simply remove one leg of the same cap on the other network and have your friend mesure it if you can't find data printed on the cap which is normal. Then you would have all the info you need to find a better cap and you will know how large it can be and still fit in the crossover. You could get your friend to help you to draw out the crossover schematic and then you could build a new network on a blank board and use what ever size parts you might want to. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.