NOSValves NBS preamp in the house!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the time comes I'll ship you my proto type to use while you send me your prototype back for me to remove the SUT and of course your Cca.

I think Dean was laughing at the whole sentence, but then again I could be wrong too. [:)]

Getting back on toopic, I received the case from TK and installed it a few hours ago. I gotta say, this thing is beautiful, and it fits like a glove over the NBS. The pictures don't do it justice...

Mike

post-6388-1381985600549_thumb.jpg

Have I said how much I am enjoying this preamp? Big Smile

I am just blown away by the level of detail this thing produces, and to listen at the levels I do without fatigue is an added bonus. It is just a joy to listen to music again.

Mike

Mike,

Who cares how it sounds, visually it's a work of art.

Seriously, that preamp is nice and I am sure it sounds even better that it looks.[8][8]

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Bill

Looking good Mike. It really is an amazing preamp. Craig's hit a home run with this one. Just an amazing sounding piece of equipment.

One quibble, It cannot possibly take "hundreds of hours to properly break in". Mayhaps Craig was hanging around with the magic pebble crowd of audio purveyors and accidentally picked up some of their nonsensical lingo.

Oh, for those seeking further information on the NBS, here's a link to the Gary, Larry and I'ss opriginal post:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/169756.aspx?PageIndex=1

I did ask him, and he said it wouldn't be much work to mod it -- but it's not at the forefront of his thinking right now. He has a lot of his plate right now, and for those who don't know, his wife Becky is fighting Cancer. The family is under an absurd amount of stress right now.

Craig, I hope your wife's situation is not dire; Hang in there, and take care of yourself.

Congrat's again on your Pre, I wish you much success.

Looking good Mike. It really is an amazing preamp. Craig's hit a home run with this one. Just an amazing sounding piece of equipment.

One quibble, It cannot possibly take "hundreds of hours to properly break in". Mayhaps Craig was hanging around with the magic pebble crowd of audio purveyors and accidentally picked up some of their nonsensical lingo.

Oh, for those seeking further information on the NBS, here's a link to the Gary, Larry and I'ss opriginal post:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/169756.aspx?PageIndex=1

Excellent! And nice to have pics.

Mike,

Why you covering up all that beautiful, high quality sheet metal with that clumsy old-fashioned looking wood box ;)

Scott

Holy cow Scott! Seems like years since you've posted.....wait, it has been! How's it going? Hope all is well.

Hi Gary,

Been busy with lots of things outside of Audio for the last few years, work, keeping my teens in line, learning to play golf. I still have some NOSValves rebuilt Dynaco relics, my TD124 and a pair of Klipsch Image speakers set up in a nice little listening room. Craig has bought a few parts from me over the years so I had to log on and see whats what with his new preamp. Good to see so many familiar names here.

Mike,

Why you covering up all that beautiful, high quality sheet metal with that clumsy old-fashioned looking wood box ;)

Scott

Hey Scott! So good to see your post! Yeah, I knew you were the one responsible for the face (which is beautiful btw!) and chassis, and agree it looks great all on its own, but lets face it, that wood case looks pretty good wrapped around it as well! [:P]

Glad to see you are doing well! I will say this place misses you though. I hope you get the time to hang out with us here...

Mike

• 4 months later...

Ordered my NBS with the premium Lundahl transformers on Wednesday. It will contain Duelund Cast Copper Coupling caps. I am going to go with the 6H30 instead of the 6DJ8. I can always pop in a 6DJ8 in the 6H30 socket if I want to try it. Cannot just pop in a 6H30 into the 6DJ8 socket if I ordered it that way.

Really looking forward to it. It is replacing a two box solution so I will be cleaning my system up a touch as well.

Guest David H

Ordered my NBS with the premium Lundahl transformers on Wednesday. It will contain Duelund Cast Copper Coupling caps. I am going to go with the 6H30 instead of the 6DJ8. I can always pop in a 6DJ8 in the 6H30 socket if I want to try it. Cannot just pop in a 6H30 into the 6DJ8 socket if I ordered it that way.

Really looking forward to it. It is replacing a two box solution so I will be cleaning my system up a touch as well.

Congratulations, I am sure it will be pleased, when you get it, I might have to come check it out when I am in Sac.

Dave