Crossover Roadshow

Deang

If you would like to try something different just for the cost shipping, please email me at dgwescott@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can get you on the list. After a few days, just ship to the next person on the list. You are not obligated to reveal your impressions here or anywhere else.

Please follow the link in my sig to my Facebook business page for details about the crossover.

Thanks Billy.

I built it for Al so he could have a place to sound off. I promised I would never ban him. :)

I was hoping for more participation there when I put it up. Vendors walk on eggs around here, you never know what you're allowed to say and what you aren't. I thought the page might be good for people who would like to ask questions about the things Al and me are doing but won't do it here because they know we can't answer! I also thought it would help cut down on my email, but it hasn't. What I've learned is that most people are just more comfortable discussing things in private than in public.

Lol, well yeah, I imagine it does. This place sure has changed over the years - not a single person has taken advantage of this offer. I remember the first time I did this I didn't get the crossovers back for over three months and then they sold two days later. Tough crowd.

Okay everyone, level with me. Why isn't anyone interested in trying this? Where is the curiosity that really is the thing that drives our hobby? The goal is seeing if I can increase your pleasure in listening. Sure, I might make a little bit of money, but is that idea really so offensive, I mean, people recommend other equipment to each other here (which drives up sales for companies like Oppo, Emotiva, etc.). This is an opportunity to try something unique for very little money, and people around here used to jump on stuff like this. Did I offend, is it because I used entry level capacitors, or something else. It would great hearing the reasons, even if they involve a butt chewing.

• Like 1

hi all,

to the question at hand why no interest,no one is prepared to be a trail blazer , plus there is a lack of competition between ideas,differences between, Echo 81 , , and Scott were always very engaging. People had strong opinion and would defend without wavering, Craig carved out a place for his stance .the P-cat and blueberry was birth out of these

differing points of view.

Al k imposes his network to a degree against the statsquo,

you also with the RF7, although to me it seems like the press was not prolong , then the diy really emerged.

Now there had and have always been aid for those who showed an interest in building or repairing their pieces from those more knowledgeable.

We saw many badly built units from the past, i,m sure Echo& Scott did'nt carc how their units were built . bottle head offer a kit . with the option that they can build it for you,

if you choose not to and it dos'nt work they can repair it at a price . Not saying they don't care, just give option to buyer to build their own

I'm sure most here are aware of your ainality to built quality. Like in most item for sale the responce is whats the price.will i get bang for my buck, can the ear be seduced.

just one man's opinion,

Okay everyone, level with me. Why isn't anyone interested in trying this? Where is the curiosity that really is the thing that drives our hobby? The goal is seeing if I can increase your pleasure in listening. Sure, I might make a little bit of money, but is that idea really so offensive, I mean, people recommend other equipment to each other here (which drives up sales for companies like Oppo, Emotiva, etc.). This is an opportunity to try something unique for very little money, and people around here used to jump on stuff like this. Did I offend, is it because I used entry level capacitors, or something else. It would great hearing the reasons, even if they involve a butt chewing.

I think it may be more of a function of seasonality as opposed to people not wanting to sample. I only have a few forum sections from a couple of sites pushed to my email and the audio sites have decreased in posts while it seems the BBQ/smoking sites have increased in posts now that summer is here (unscientific analysis and not statistically valid, but it seems to reflect my participation level in various hobbies). I smoked 6 slabs of ribs for memorial day and still want to post a couple of pictures to the BBQ thread from that outdoor activity.

In addition, I believe that many people plan to spend more time outside during summer months, purchasing outdoor furniture, grills, ect. while most audio purchases are probably made during the fall, then more purchases again in the spring after the big electronics shows.

I know that I have a pair of your take on the Universal networks on my wish list and I have a pair of McIntosh MC30's that I want to send to Craig for a complete rebuild, but between graduation presents, my long-time girlfriend's health issues and upgrading my outdoor thermometers for the smoker, I'm a couple of months away from considering audio right now.....

Or maybe I'm off base in my thinking, but I don't think it is you and I like the direction you take with several of your builds.....[Y]

I was trying really hard to not openly solicit, that's why I was sending everyone to my Facebook business page. Anything new going on, either by Al or myself, is announced and discussed there. The idea being that we can answer questions from people in real time and since it's public, everyone can see the questions and how they're addressed. I was really just trying to show some tact, but I guess in the end, what's the difference?

I got tired of people calling or emailing me and saying in effect, I would really like to buy xyz crossover from you but I can't swing that kind of cash right now. I have no entry level product, so I made one. Since Al gave me the ALK along with license to use whatever parts I wanted, I no longer needed the Super AA (or ALKJr if you prefer) to be built at the high standard I had set for it -- and I decided it would be the best candidate for the entry level category. I'm still convinced the old networks sound better with paper in oils and I'm not changing that. Actually, that's not completely true -- as soon as I pin Dennis down for round 2 (our last phone conversation lasted 5 hours) -- there will be a battery biased network built with either ClarityCaps or Auricaps.

Work begins on these next week. For a full description, please use the link in my sig to my Facebook page.

post-3205-13819855809164_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary,

Well, you've probably already seen my last post and now know that what I offering to send around is in fact what you already own -- though built with some nicer stuff. :) You're certainly more than welcome to make some comments on what you think about them if you want!

Have you seen the new ALK? Has ANYONE see the new ALK?

post-3205-13819855810434_thumb.jpg

Fjd -- good words. Yeah, summer probably isn't the best time for this kind of thing, but it's actually when I have the most amount of free time.

It's also becoming apparent to me that I'm going to have to spend more time on my website -- I thought everyone did Facebook! I created a Blog page which I've decided to rename "Soundoff". I guess I better get busy.

First time I ever saw a facebook page was your link. Usually I get a sign-up to facebook page when linking there. That and the fact that it is near 100degrees around places outside in the shade/pool instead of in here, with me and the AC.

A sackful of people do not want to give facebook all their vital stats. IMLO

hi all, to the question at hand why no interest,no one is prepared to be a trail blazer , plus there is a lack of competition between ideas,differences between, Echo 81 , , and Scott were always very engaging. People had strong opinion and would defend without wavering, Craig carved out a place for his stance .the P-cat and blueberry was birth out of these differing points of view. Al k imposes his network to a degree against the statsquo, you also with the RF7, although to me it seems like the press was not prolong , then the diy really emerged. Now there had and have always been aid for those who showed an interest in building or repairing their pieces from those more knowledgeable. We saw many badly built units from the past, i,m sure Echo& Scott did'nt carc how their units were built . bottle head offer a kit . with the option that they can build it for you, if you choose not to and it dos'nt work they can repair it at a price . Not saying they don't care, just give option to buyer to build their own I'm sure most here are aware of your ainality to built quality. Like in most item for sale the responce is whats the price.will i get bang for my buck, can the ear be seduced. just one man's opinion,

Your post count is low, but I guess that doesn't mean you have't been around a while. I'm not sure what you mean by "Al k imposes his network to a degree against the statsquo, you also with the RF7, although to me it seems like the press was not prolong..." I won't respond to this until I'm sure what you mean.

I sense that you believe there should be kits. I in fact told Al to kill the kit for the ALK because I didn't want to deal with DIY'ers. For some reason, Bob and Al have not had to deal with something that I, for whatever reason -- continually have to deal with: people who tell me that they know what they're doing, who actually don't, and then tie me up in email for days getting me to help them undo the mess they've made for themselves. Unlike Bob and Al, I am not retired. I still work a normal 40 hour week, Debbie works nights, and I have three kids ages 12, 9, and 7. If I have something sitting on the bench being worked by a paying customer, I am not going to stop work to help someone through a project who is paying me nothing. If I do kits, then I'm obligated to help, and I simply just don't have the time. When the kids are older and I have more time, I can do it, but not right now.