question about pushed in d/cvrs

Hi, I'm hunting and looking to get either Heritage Klipsch or Vandersteen 2ce sigs. Yes 2 entirely different types of speakers but ever since I got my Klipsch smalls the clarity overwelmed any thing other brand in that class hands down. Now I have graduated to 2-chll and have a mix of speakers and even though my DCM TF 350s, image and have a large soundstage, My ADC 303ax I swear sound like the famous east coast sound of at least AR-2As, and then I must rid myself of my very loud but not so good Infinity SM112s.

Now the question I saw both a pair of Forte 1s and KG4. both w/ pushed in passive dust caps. Most adds say it doesn't effect the sound at all and if truely your placement is where you can not see them is this a go or no go if it's just the dust covers.I hate answering my own questions but I think it would be to hear for myself but if that is not a possiblity then what.I have heard of the tape trick,vaccuum suck out and even a bent pn and try pull it your self or something I'm not comfortable w/ cutting away the beat dc and glueing on a new one..Which is the best thing to do here hear them, nothing ,try to pull out, or replace.

I was not comfortabe do somethings a year and a half ago but, being on this forum you get more daring and start to do strange things. Like driving long distances to get speaker and buying used gear. The dust caps can be purchased from Parts Express and are very cheap. http://www.parts-express.com/cat/dust-caps/327. I think Mustang guy had a good post on replacing the dust caps. I guess it all depends on how good a deal you are looking at. A local speaker shop may be able to replaced the dust caps?

no contest between a KG4 and a Forte none zip nada not in any way go for the Forte. dust cap on the passive has no impact if it is dented it only needs to be air tight. Amy small holes tears or lifting edges can be repaired with a few dabs of white wood glur it is that simple you are laughing. You should slap a metal grill over the passive anyway to protect it but they will face the wall you will never see it so do you really care. Leave them alone and don't worry. Congratulation on your find don'r let them slip away. Best regards Moray James.