wtb: klipsch outdoor speakers

rennoc442

Like the title says looking for some outdoor klipsch speakers. Anyone got a set for sale?

Kimba,

These are used as patio speakers at the Hard Rock Hollywood, FL.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/3799841295.html

If your planned use is on a covered back porch or patio, then check them out.

I almost pulled the trigger when the seller had (6) for sale.

Bill

Like the title says looking for some outdoor klipsch speakers. Anyone got a set for sale?

Kimba,

These are used as patio speakers at the Hard Rock Hollywood, FL.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/3799841295.html

If your planned use is on a covered back porch or patio, then check them out.

I almost pulled the trigger when the seller had (6) for sale.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you that's perfect! I was at first thinking about the size of the aw525, but then why not go a lil bigger!;-)

Bill,

Thank you that's perfect! I was at first thinking about the size of the aw525, but then why not go a lil bigger!;-)

Kimba,

Did you say bigger?

These beautiful babies would be perfect.[;)]

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/174753.aspx

On the other hand, putting them outside will make them much less beautiful in no time.

Bill

Actually KPT-100's but you knew what I mean[;)]

There's a simple mod you can do to increase the top end slightly as the factory rolls it off. Just requires a short piece of wire and a little solder. I even put titanium diaphrams in mine, they really sound nice. USNRET uses a pair on his covered patio also.

Actually KPT-100's but you knew what I meanWink

There's a simple mod you can do to increase the top end slightly as the factory rolls it off. Just requires a short piece of wire and a little solder. I even put titanium diaphrams in mine, they really sound nice. USNRET uses a pair on his covered patio also.

KP what?! lol I gotcha!

I plan on going over tmw and seeing the KI 102's in person. From what I see it looks like they are almost the same speaker, granted the KPT gets a lil lower but not much. Wish me luck guys!

Well Bill I must admit I do love your speakers, but I can not mount those up on a wall and let them rot

Come on, 95% humidity, 95 degrees, and torrential downpours will keep that straight from the factory finish looking new.[:D]

Seriously, if you get those Hard Rock speakers and you only want to use two of them, let me know and maybe I'll buy two of them from you.

Bill

I bought a pair of AW-650's for my Pool Area. They sound fantastic but I must admit they're much larger than I expected. They were $350ish from Amazon

That's what I may do as well. These will be outdoor next to the pool on the cabana, so I think to have a water resistant speaker would make me feel better and less worries if they do get wet. Can you describe the sound a little more? What do you have for source and power?

Good friends of mine just bought a set of the aw-650s for their pool and then decided to go another route. Still new in the box if your interested. They want what they paid $350,

Do you know why they went another route? Were they unhappy with the sound?

I bought a pair of AW-650's for my Pool Area. They sound fantastic but I must admit they're much larger than I expected. They were $350ish from Amazon

That's what I may do as well. These will be outdoor next to the pool on the cabana, so I think to have a water resistant speaker would make me feel better and less worries if they do get wet. Can you describe the sound a little more? What do you have for source and power?

They're very detailed and crisp, much better than I was expecting. I am running them off of an Onkyo TX-SR805 and the source is Pandora (from Directv). Of course they're a little bass shy but that was to be expected. The bass they do produce is tight though, just not very "deep". I'm trying to find a deal on the AW-800 sub (discontinued) and the system will be perfect.

You will love the way they sound, but just remember they are pretty big speakers, considerably bigger than I thought they'd be.

They're very detailed and crisp, much better than I was expecting. I am running them off of an Onkyo TX-SR805 and the source is Pandora (from Directv). Of course they're a little bass shy but that was to be expected. The bass they do produce is tight though, just not very "deep". I'm trying to find a deal on the AW-800 sub (discontinued) and the system will be perfect.

You will love the way they sound, but just remember they are pretty big speakers, considerably bigger than I thought they'd be.

Thanks I appreciate your time for the review :) What do you think of these, I may ****** em up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151063740127?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3268wt_906

Or these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390613658564?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1582wt_932

Actually, they never opened the speakers. The parents bought them all Bose for the house as a house warming gift and had them installed during construction. I haven't had a chance to hear them either but I can tell you I own ksb 1.1s, ca-8ts, and aw-500sm and they all sound great.