She has returned(222c), thank you Craig for all your hard work.

The Dude

Ok maybe I can help with the puzzle, she or he has arrived to a location. A location I have been wanting to send it off to for the last two years since it came into my life. I tried all I could to make it work but it just wouldn't. Pictures of my actions, and then of course pics of its triumph return, to follow. So stayed tuned as I am very excited for this to happen.

Ok maybe I can help with the puzzle, she or he has arrived to a location. A location I have been wanting to send it off to for the last two years since it came into my life. I tried all I could to make it work but it just wouldn't. Pictures of my actions, and then of course pics of its triumph return, to follow. So stayed tuned as I am very excited for this to happen.

Going by the description, it could be a blow up doll that is finally getting some sexual parts added. LMAO Pics?? No, thank you!

Going by the description, it could be a blow up doll that is finally getting some sexual parts added. LMAO Pics?? No, thank you!

Now thats a good one.

Hopefully no more then another week or two. I was concerned he was too busy to do his full custom upgrades, but sounds like he has a little help. Hes had it for about a week, and I was told 2-3 weeks. So we'll see, at least I know its in good hands. I know sending it off kind of goes against my signature, but hey you have to start with something working to begin with, plus I want the best of the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just received a email from Craig today, unfortunately he had to be the bearer of bad news.. Turns out both output transformers are shorted and there really isn't anything on the unit worth saving, other then some knobs, and maybe the new tubes and tube sockets I put into.

So here is the run down and a lesson learned. I purchased this unit about 2 years ago as a birthday gift to myself, knowing it had problems. Reading some stuff online I thought I could tackle this diy rebuild myself. Which I might have been able if the outputs were good. How ever after spending countless hours starting from the power supply replacing every part I could think of to see if I could get her up and running. I threw in the towel and sent it off to Craig for repairs, and that is how I got to where I am now. With a receiver not worth fixing. So if you want to get into diy repairing start with something that works, thats the route I am going from now on.

Now the light at the end of the tunnel

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????H.H.Scott 222c

• 2 weeks later...

I see light, the funds had been sent. The 222c has been tested, and should be packed and shipped in the next couple of days. This will be my first trip down tube amplifier road. I have built and used a tube preamp for the last year or so, but now have the chance to listen to the full gig. For the money I could have easily purchased a st-35 or clone for that matter and could have something close. But I all ways read great reviews and dreamed of owning a H.H. Scott refurbished by Craig and now I will. I am hoping to have time this weekend to fix up my Bozak cabinet to install this unit in, next on my list will be to get either my Dual 1019 or Dual 1225 up and running and get it installed as well. Last will be a H.H. Scott tuner I have my eye on a 333 I would like something that is a.m./f.m. multiplex tuner. Which will hopefully run my Cornwalls down the road once I get my basement finished. But for now it will run my Heresies.

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is wow, Pink Floyd has never sounded so good. The Wall is all ways my go to test album, I must say maybe its a new setup maybe it actually just sounds better but I know one thing. It sounds dam good and this works for me, I all ways ask my self how could it possibly sound better. Maybe someday I will hear another setup and say the same. But for now what I love about this setup if you think about it years ago it was pretty basic. Tube integrated receiver, turntable, and Heresy speakers. Of coarse in High school I may have never thought this cause I all ways thought louder is better. But as I get older that's not the case. I could only imagine how this would sound with better room acoustics and what not. But for now it will have to do and it sounds dam good. If anyone is ever looking for a great system under 1500.00 this is what I would recommend. I know to some that sounds like a lot of money. For me to go out and drop that in a instant it is. It has taken me several years to get here(mainly since I keep buying junk or gear I don't need). But this is the route I would take for any 2 channel system. Good night to you all and enjoy the music. Craig I can't thank you enough I wish the best for you and your wife peace be with you.

Duder

All I can say is wow, Pink Floyd has never sounded so good. The Wall is all ways my go to test album, I must say maybe its a new setup maybe it actually just sounds better but I know one thing. It sounds dam good and this works for me, I all ways ask my self how could it possibly sound better. Maybe someday I will hear another setup and say the same. But for now what I love about this setup if you think about it years ago it was pretty basic. Tube integrated receiver, turntable, and Heresy speakers. Of coarse in High school I may have never thought this cause I all ways thought louder is better. But as I get older that's not the case. I could only imagine how this would sound with better room acoustics and what not. But for now it will have to do and it sounds dam good. If anyone is ever looking for a great system under 1500.00 this is what I would recommend. I know to some that sounds like a lot of money. For me to go out and drop that in a instant it is. It has taken me several years to get here(mainly since I keep buying junk or gear I don't need). But this is the route I would take for any 2 channel system. Good night to you all and enjoy the music. Craig I can't thank you enough I wish the best for you and your wife peace be with you. Duder

Outstanding.... [Y]