buying a heritage speaker that really isn't that old

Hi guys, As some of you know I ahve been looking for a Heritage model speaker for some time now. Both my wallet and timing and model have conspired against me.My choices and I know they are all different w/ all price points all over the place. Now idealy I would like Forte, Chorus,Quartet,Tangent 500,5.5 and KLF20s. A friend pointed out some KLF20s at under $1000. Now I looked up the vintage page on the Klpisch site and said they were made between 1996-2001.That's a 5 yr run and not all that long ago.There are no mk2 models and besides the KLF 10s-30s I think that's it.So, does this qualify for the Heritage tag and I know if I like them it shouldn't matter what title is on them but being 2013 they could be 17 years old.With all right w/ the world and condition is A+ is the price too high and are they considered a Heritage product.

Heritage is not about a time period, (they have made the khorn from the beginning and still make it) Heritage is a product line. KLF's are great but they are not Heritage line, which would be Heresy, Belle, Khorn, LaScala, Cornwall

Heritage is not about a time period, (they have made the khorn from the beginning and still make it) Heritage is a product line. KLF's are great but they are not Heritage line, which would be Heresy, Belle, Khorn, LaScala, Cornwall

Those are the true Heritage line.

However, you also have the Chorus, Forte, Quartet and Academy as a newer line of Heritage.

The Heritage Series includes the Klipschorn, Belle, La Scala, Cornwall, and Heresy.

The year of production is irrelevant. Using the word "heritage" in its generic sense has nothing to do with the Klipsch Heritage Series of speakers.

Some other speakers are sometimes unofficially referred to as "extended Heritage", but that's sort of like a nickname, nothing more. Some of those speakers are very popular and well-respected, but it still does not make them Heritage speakers.

I was just reading what the Klipsch website says for those speakers. I guess Klipsch is wrong, then. Surprise

I took a look in the Discontinued section, but didn't see that. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. I may not be up to date.

Where did you see the other speakers being called Heritage Series?

I know it's not the purist's point of view. The original Heritage line speaks for itself. I'm not sure why Klipsch called these newer speakers Heritage.

http://www.klipsch.com/chorus-ii-floorstanding-speaker

http://www.klipsch.com/forte-ii-floorstanding-speaker

http://www.klipsch.com/academy-center-speaker

Not sure why the Quartet's page doesn't say Heritage. It is of the same lineage as the Chorus and Forte.

You're right. It doesn't explicitly call them Heritage, but it does imply they're in the group. Odd.

I don't know if the Forte, Chorus, Epic, Tangent, Quartet and KLF speakers have a family name or not. They certainly look related, so it would make sense if they did have a group name.

I personally have always considered the Chours/forte/Quartet Line as Heritage products (or extended Heritage). That would also push the Academy into that line following the thinking process. This thought line comes from the Cornwall being suspended while the Chorus/forte was around. So I think of them as part of the lineup.

The Tanget 400, 500 and T4000, T5000 use similar parts (H2 parts for 400/500 and forte 1 passive for 500. But the cabinet quality does not measure up to the Heritage line.

The Legend (KLF) and Epic (CF3, CF4) have piqued my interest. The praises that have been sung about them have made me want to make sure I get a listen to them.

And finally, the KGs have some good speakers but I would never consider them as Heritage.