MCM 1900 Cross country gathering trip

smashwuf

This is one of 3 systems we are building. This can be a standalone system, or one channel of a 2 channel system, or meld the 3rd for a really big sound.

I like eveything but your super tweeters. B&C DE 250 with any number of 1" horn lenses from Parts Express would be a better choice with the same power handling and so much cleaner tinkles.

This is one of 3 systems we are building. This can be a standalone system, or one channel of a 2 channel system, or meld the 3rd for a really big sound.

Awesome system if you get down closer to the Santa Barbara area for a gig let me know I would love to come see the setup in person. aayrassian@yahoo.com

My stuff will sound like a clock radio compared to this guy's setup.

Mark, I notice your system is continuing to evolve. I thought it was great before, it's more amazing now, and I'm just wondering what you'll be listening to a few years down the road.

On a related note, I wish you lived close enough that I could drop in for a music evening. I'd really like to hear what a system like that can sound like. My apartment system is coming along nicely, but a monster sound machine like yours is way beyond what I could fit in here.

Well thanks for noticing. It has evolved. Only way I could do it. 3 kids in college. I also had a lot of help, and made some mistakes along the way.

I'm having fun with it. If ever in Athens. Ga. let me know.

My next move is the newest Benchmark DAC with the Sabres in it.

This picture is the quad-amped setup. New drivers in the horns gets me better HF response. Using the MWMS loaded with K48 drivers as "mid bass" crossed over between ~80 on up to 350. The MSSM mid is doing about 350-1200, and the MSM is doing 1200 on up with a driver that does 1K-20K. Still playing with crossover points, rolloff curves, ,etc. The Nice thing about the DBX is that i can save all these experimental profiles, and restore them to compare one against another. Even with just basic tweaking it sounded fantastic, and I haven't even run a real calibration with a RTA yet.

Now I need to find one more MWM, hopefully someday 5 more MWM's and another 2 pairs of MSSM's to finish the last 2 systems.

post-59170-1381985712964_thumb.jpg