Songs for the 4th of July

J M O N

Dave Alvin "Fouth Of July" its a staple at my place.

Great call Runninshine! I was goiing to post this. I saw Dave Alvin open for Richard Thompson at the Bottom Line here in NYC, 4 times over a 2 night stand. I though he was great, Andersonville was a really tough song. Somewhere deep in my collection I have a soundboard of DA doing these songs.

Just throwing this out there for discussion - a lot of the songs on the list, if you get past the title, have lyrics that aren't particularly patriotic. Maybe that's the idea.

Nope, there is no political agenda here -- just looking for a long list of songs that had some relationship to the theme, even if only a small bit. I do realize many/most are not even intended to be patriotic, but I was looking to come up with a very long list and purely patriotic songs would not likely have the volume (no pun intended) I was looking for.

Dave Alvin "Fouth Of July" its a staple at my place.

Great call Runninshine! I was goiing to post this. I saw Dave Alvin open for Richard Thompson at the Bottom Line here in NYC, 4 times over a 2 night stand. I though he was great, Andersonville was a really tough song. Somewhere deep in my collection I have a soundboard of DA doing these songs.

That sounds great, I would love to see Richard Thompson one day. Dave plays a great show......songs by both artists will be played at my place today.

[Y]