For everyone who has K55-V drivers

Daan

Thank you for this link Moray, I will read it here on my vacation-adress with a cold beer in the shade

Always nice to have something new to try out after coming home again.

Just before leaving on holiday I received a pair of eighteen-sound neo drivers to try out; this way I can listen to other drivers while I'll be looking at the K55-V's again thinking about this mod.[Y]

Daan

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can appreciate a bump that's not anonymous for a change. Sometimes I see something get bumped and can't for the life of me figure out what it for bumped for.

In that vane I also bumped Nico's other thread on his University Classics. Both threads are of use to a number of readers who are looking at both tweeters for LaScal and Khorns as well as overall horn changes.

Insuring that the driver actually matches the horn is a most often mistake, we see non knowing modifiers simply matching exit openings of drivers to entrance openings of horns and thinking that is all there is to it, If the combination is a good one theyare lucky but how good is it really? If the combination is a badd one either the driver or the horn gets the blame and they may both be fine there may only be a very bad mismatch happening. Manufacturers (some of them) (the good ones anyway make exit angle information available if you ask them directly so to but less so with horns. You need to check this out before you buy very expensive components and pay to have then shipped only to find that they are a terrible match in your situation. Best regards Moray James.

• 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2013 at 0:20 AM, nico boom said:

Endresult with the "big white" mounted flush with the motorboard. Combined with the machined K55-V on the adaptor, it produces the most lively, natural sound I ever heard in our room.

The Crites cast woofers, K55-V 's with EV HR-60's , Crites CT125 tweeters plus the ALK universal filters together produce a kind of MAGIC that makes us watch less t.v and spend more time listening again.

post-35476-13819856621138_thumb.jpg

I have HR60's as well, but no Lascala. Jamborees may be the one that are going to try to carry these. But these things fit a LS like it was made for them eh ... Maybe I should fab up a LS clone and populate it with EV components.

Cool.

Srinath.