st35 or 70 clone or fisher 500c

i would like to know if a Dynaco/Dynakit st35 clone (new), board was designed by Shannon Park... or a dynaco 70 clone (new)

or a completely rebuilt fisher 500c reciever would go best with my cornscalas and cornwalls... i never had a tube before so would like to hear what the tube guys think....i would be willing to buy a preamp if need be... i think i really want the best sound for the speakers i have......

thanks

bruce

i was at work today thinking that i have cornscalas and they sound so good, could they give me

the (sound to die for) if mated with the right amps.... ? maybe thats the question i should be asking.

and what amps could get me there....? i say this because i'm willing to invest more if that is possible.

i think i'm ready to try tubes, done read to much about them from you people, besides maybe it will keep

me from buying more speakers...

seen some 60 watt Quicksilver mono amps also today, would they get me closer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200942880762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

i'll listen for any ideas...

thanks

You will need. A pre amp with the st35 or st70 . The 500c includes a preamp as well as a phono stage.i would also endorse a Scott integrated from nosvalves. The fisher is a fine unit but for my ears I prefer the nos valves Scott

J

Try to find a way to hear some tube amps in your system before making a purchase, or buy something new from a vendor who offers a return option for a full refund. No one can say what you will find most satisfying to listen to. There may be some forum members living in your area who have tube equipment which they would bring over for an audition. The differences in sound from one amp to another can be quite striking in some systems, so be careful!

Maynard

My first serious amp was an SCA-35 and it wasn't until I'd had a rather excellent Lux SS amp for a few years that I realized how much I missed it. It was the memory of the sound of that amp that brought me back to tubes.

May not be your "be all, end all," but I am quite sure you'll be happy with it.

Dave

Well I think that's a great choice. Cool how it's lower power demonstrates the efficiency of your speakers.

As far as a preamp goes. you can use the "preamp out" feature of any SS reciever or integrated amplifier that you might already have. Personally, I happen to like using a little Marantz integrated to my tube power amps for my Khorns. Lots of people do this and have excellent results. Good Luck!

most of the time i stream jazz from kindle fire, or computer....being it does have a volume control

i think i can get by for a while without a preamp..... i do have a question though.... i'm working

out of town, 770 miles from home, and i'm wondering how can i listen to it with headphones maybe...

.anyway to hook the headphones to the speaker termails? or buy some more speakers...lol trying to break

the speaker habbit.....

I only use headphones with a dedicated "phones" output on a preamp or integrated or reciever. Or from your mobile device with some earbuds or something but......

I can't recommend headphones from a power amp like the st35.

I only hope I can help you break your bad Cornwall habit!! ...With my pickup truck.

thanks lilwing, once i get home i'll never use the headphones anymore anyway... it was an idea i

got in my head i guess .... besides, i'm near chicago and theres lots of nice speakers
around this area...lol ...

look at them every night....just trying not
to buy....