Whats your preference---Compact Disk or Vinyl Record

jason str

CDs are really convenient and they're my first choice for background music, but for serious listening I prefer vinyl.

DVDs are better than both, but I've got a small selection of DVDs compared to the number of CDs and LPs I have.

I never even thought about using DVD's for music, I'm not much of a TV watcher but if it sounds better it may be worthwhile looking into.

The SACD i have looked into before but there is not much selection in my type of music (most types of rock).

I prefer whichever has the better sound quality...and that may be one or the other for any given recording. Convenience, form factor, medium...means nothing to me for serious listening. It's all about the source quality and whether it is present on the media or not.

Dave

Problem with any single medium is that it limits one. I want it ALL. Some music can only be had on LPs, some only on CDs, some only on SACD, some only on RTR...cassette...WHATEVER.

If it has music worth hearing I want it.

Dave