This is a good trade correct?

reynolr

I am in the negotiation process with someone I found locally on CraigsList. We have settled on trading my 2 RF-52's. 1 RC-52 and Klipsch SUB-12 plus $300.00. For his 2 Klipsch RF-7's, 1 RC-7 and Klipsch SW-15. I assume this is a good deal? But just want to make sure. Thanks for the input. And the reason being for the trade is he just moved and is looking to down grade, while I am moving mid Aug and looking to upgrade.

IMO, RF-7"s = $900.00 in great condition, RC-7 = $400.00 in great condition, SW-15 = $300.00 in great condition =================$1600.00

IMO, RF-52's = $375.00 in great condition, RC-52 = $200.00 in great condition, SUB-12 = $225.00 in great condition, plus $300.00=====$1100.00

IMO, yes a good deal.

Bill

Sound wise, will this be a significant improvement for me?

Oh yeah. More impact for HT, more presence, much bigger sound. The RF-52's might have the edge in the midrange in a smaller space but the RF-7's will energize just about any room from the smallest to the biggest. Better parts, wood cabinet, and just plain bigger usually equates to overrall better sound.

Bill

Yes i am kind of nervous about it all. He gave me his address and I am suppose to meet him at his house which makes me think it may be real. After he sent me some more picture last night I noticed that he does not have the SW-15, it has the copper cones so I believe it is the RSW-15. Th more I learn the more I think its to good to be true. We will see on Sunday tho!

The trade went thru. I am now the proud owner of a pair of RF-7's, an RC-7 and an RSW-15. Can't wait to get it all set up and working. Do you all think it would be beneficial to bridge my Onkyo M282 for the RC-7? Or just use the receiver? I will be using the upa-2 for the RF-7s.

The trade went thru. I am now the proud owner of a pair of RF-7's, an RC-7 and an RSW-15.

Sweet.

Do you all think it would be beneficial to bridge my Onkyo M282 for the RC-7? Or just use the receiver?

If the 282 is bridgeable, why not? If any concerns, just use one of the channels of the 282 and use the Onkyo AVR for the surrounds.

Bill

Here is a pic of the new front stage, until the move when they will be in a nice big theater room in the basement level. I currently live in an apartment and since its Sunday everyone is home so I haven't had a chance to crank it up. However, on first impressions, the biggest upgrade is by far the sub, this thing is a monster and it goes so much deeper than the HSU. When I ran my setup mic it had everything set at 40hz, (fronts, center, surrounds) should I put it all to 80hz? Or can the RF-7s do 40hz?

post-51343-13819857410854_thumb.jpg