KPT-100's restored and ready to ship

mustang guy

I purchased rigma's inventory of KPT-100's, and have been working a little at a time on them getting them restored. These speakers are coming out great! I am selling them for $85 each restored if you pick them up. Mounting brackets and hardware (pictured below) included. The speakers sound and look great, and friends who hear them are blown away. I have about 24 of them restored and tested.

I have 6 pairs of them boxed and ready for UPS or FedEx dropoff. I am packing two in each box. Packing these is quite expensive and time consuming, so I need an extra $40 per carton ($210 per pair) for them. You can calculate shipping using this:

Dimensions 28" X 28" X 14"
Weight 60 lbs
Origin zip 26101
Value $200

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US
https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?link=4&cc=US&language=en

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are beautiful! Is there any 3-way version?

The 100's are 2 way only. Just an FYI, Bob Crites sells titanium diaphrams for these for the modders out there. These are great patio or surround speakers. I have a pair (with a sub) on my back patio. If Craig restored them, you know they look and perform great.

How do you fit an HF driver in there since the midrange took all of the space?

The 100's are 2 way only. Just an FYI, Bob Crites sells titanium diaphrams for these for the modders out there. These are great patio or surround speakers. I have a pair (with a sub) on my back patio. If Craig restored them, you know they look and perform great.

Those are beautiful! Is there any 3-way version?

Nope, they are ported 2 way only like the Reference series. Hearing is believing, these things do a great job above 65Hz. As Carl mentioned, a sub is a great addition.

Hello, PM sent

PM replied. I have 4 set aside for local pickup.

The 100's are 2 way only. Just an FYI, Bob Crites sells titanium diaphragms for these for the modders out there. These are great patio or surround speakers. I have a pair (with a sub) on my back patio. If Craig restored them, you know they look and perform great.

Thanks Carl. Using these as patio speakers seem to be popular. As they are angled down, they are best mounted above ear level. Either as a surround or a patio speaker, these are very capable speakers for sure.

Those look awesome!

Thanks! They did turn out great!

I ordered a pair of these last month from Craig. They looked great and performed as expected. All aspects of the deal went perfectly including prompt shipping. Great seller to work with, buy with confidence.

Thanks for the affirmation. I have bought and sold with many of the forum members here. It is always great to have positive feedback!

I was thinking of getting a pair of RB-61 II's for my rears but I wonder how these would work? I have a pair of Fortes-Academy in front with RS3 for the sides. I am using KG4's in the rear now but would want something for on the wall as I think they are a waste back there. May move them to my bedroom. Anyone that can provide anymore info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I used to run 4 of these for sides and rears with my Cornwalls and kpt-484 subs. The kpt-100's do a great job for sides and rears , my auto setup on the Yamaha would set the cross over for the kpt-100's at 60hz. And. Wow. The sound was great, I had them in a room that was 18' x 24'

So my answer is. YES they should work ok for your setup

These have almost the exact same specs as the academy. I sold a pair to a guy who had a similar setup to you (Khorns and an Academy center with Quartets for side surrounds), and he was very happy with them.

KPT-100
65Hz - 14kHz(+-)4dB
100 watts (20V) 40Hz - 10kHz
96dB @ 1 watt/1 meter

Academy
65Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
100 watts maximum continuous
96dB @ 1watt/1meter

I was looking at the dimensions, they say : 21.25" (53.9cm) x 11.5" (29.2cm) x 12.5" (31.8cm). So that is hxdxw? If it is 11.5 in depth I assume that is the top of speaker, if so what would the depth be at bottom? (if you know) Also, what type of finish is on these? Are they easily paint-able. including grill,, which I think is metal?Thanks so humoring me, Sam

Shipping to Canada is always a pain:

• UPS quotes $127 (but will likely send me another bill later for brokerage)
  • FedEx quotes $172
  • USPS (the best for brokerage and taxes) calculator says the box is too big for shipping (?)

Plus with UPS or FedEx I'd have to pay 15% tax on the total of $200 value and shipping, so another $50 to $60 on top.

Anyone close to Bangor Maine to receive and hang onto a pair? I am driving through next weekend...

Anyway to have bus'ed at a bus depot? Or FedEx'ed at a pick-up point?

Edit: Looks promising! http://www.fedex.com/us/services/hold_at_location_find_locations.html

Edt #2: Found a FedEx hold location at 50 Monument Sq, Portland, ME 04101 that is open on Saturday. I will be staying Friday and Saturday night at a nearby hotel. Sweet.

Shipping to Canada is always a pain:

• UPS quotes $127 (but will likely send me another bill later for brokerage)
  • FedEx quotes $172
  • USPS (the best for brokerage and taxes) calculator says the box is too big for shipping (?)

Plus with UPS or FedEx I'd have to pay 15% tax on the total of $200 value and shipping, so another $50 to $60 on top.

Anyone close to Bangor Maine to receive and hang onto a pair? I am driving through next weekend...