The next wife-approved upgrade!!!

n8g

Even though this is a Klipsch forum I thought I would share my soon to be new speakers! I have spent a lot of time auditioning the new Revel Performa 3 speaker line. What an amazing lineup! After careful consideration of budget and room size, I decided to buy the F206 towers with a 5.25" midrange and dual 6.5" woofers. I am adding the C205 center with dual 5.25" drivers. All in piano gloss black real wood veneers. Surround duties will be handled by 8" in ceiling speakers. With our first child on the way, I figured it was now or never!

Why change from the Klipsch sound I like so much? When I originally bought my speakers as a package, the RC-62 was backordered in cherry so I ended up with black. My RF-82s are cherry. My AV rack is mocha. The three different finishes look terrible all hanging out up front. And, as we all love to do, I was ready to upgrade but size was a major WAF consideration. Klipsch doesn't have anything that is "better" than the RF-82 without getting into a larger cabinet. Also, the RS-52 surrounds stuck off the wall too far in my wife's opinion. The compromise is that if I install in ceiling speakers for surrounds, I could get the new front speakers. It seems like a reasonable deal.

prod_224_634896973523740277_F206_Front_Bprod_228_634898713625434846_C205_Front_B

Nice! A lot of us, although we love klipsch also have speakers from other brands. Its always nice to see what others are enjoying. Personally, i think the SV Sound speakers are very sleek looking, the same with KEF and GoldenEar. Plain and simple, i cant afford them nor do i want to give up the klipsch i do have. How much did your new Revel setup set you back?