Model S Shorthorn Corner Speakers from late 1950's

Mray

These have been collecting dust in my uncle's home since 1960, were not used much, and are in excellent condition. I will be listing them on Ebay soon, ans will be looking for either pickup buyers, or someone on the eastern half of the United States to deliver to, because I do not trust the USPS with these.

They are Model S 15's with Ortho Drive, about a meter tall, complete with turntable and equalizer, more info on those soon. If anyone would like photographs, more information,

or precise measurements, which I will post later anyway, please Email me at lexkyrunner@hotmail.com

My location is Lexington, Kentucky. Someone on here mentioned being from Cincinatti, and that's the closest town to me yet! I will let these go anywhere in the world, to whomever is willing to do a pickup or cover any shipping. For the right price, I'll deliver them myself. The asking price is still up in the air, but thank you to those who've given me advice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To follow up on my own post from several days ago, I intend to send photos to all inquiries I've received, because I can't post any photos, as far as I'm finding out since I'm new here. I joined to find these speakers a proper home, and make sure they never make it to the home of some ignoramus who has no idea what he has, nor to a pawn shop. I will give nobody an asking price right away, because I'm unsure of their value yet, but know they are very far from cheap, having THE best options offered in 1960--after digging up the original catalogue.

Purchased my 1959 pair with consecutive serial numbers for $700. They are in very good condition with flawless original Klipsch cane grills, and oiled walnut cabinets. Tru-sonic 103LX woofers, University SA-HF mid drivers, and K-77 tweets with chrome lenses.

Edit: I reread your post and saw that you mentioned K-Ortho-Drive (not the kit version)

Best of luck with your sale. Someone here will love them!!!

Purchased my 1959 pair with consecutive serial numbers for $700. They are in very good condition with flawless original Klipsch cane grills, and oiled walnut cabinets. Tru-sonic 103LX woofers, University SA-HF mid drivers, and K-77 tweets with chrome lenses.

I think they switched from the Tru-sonic 103LX to another woofer right around 1960. The Tru-sonic woofer (blue) is the more desirable of the models, people collect them.

I only have a single myself (pictures in this thread):

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/168726.aspx

Good luck with the sale.

I think they switched from the Tru-sonic 103LX to another woofer right around 1960. The Tru-sonic woofer (blue) is the more desirable of the models, people collect them.

I only have a single myself (pictures in this thread):

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/168726.aspx

Good luck with the sale.

Interesting. The switch you describe might explain why I have 2 different woofer frame styles, as if they were cleaning house. Funny thing is that their serial numbers are less than 180 numbers apart. Tweeter serials are consecutive!

I've edited the original post, and I will say it again here: my location is Lexington, KY. I do not have these speakers at my home, they are currently at my sister's place for the next week, since I gave these to her a couple of years ago. She's since decided to move very far away and has given them back and I just do not have the space for them right now, otherwise I would hold onto them for life! Those of you whom I've not sent photographs, please Email me and I'll send you a set of them. All photos look like the same one but mind you, they are a pair and I've pictured both equally, just not labeled. Notice the 3-way grills

and the signatures on the back. One is from 1958, the other, 1959. I also have the original catalogue for these on file. I'm unsure of the wood the housing is made of, but of the selection on the catalogue, my guess would be the blond prima vera.

serial number is 837 on one,excellent condition.

serial number 930 is the other, same condition, minus an obvious cigarette burn on the top that's been there for at least 30 years and you can see where someone very desperately did their best to polish it over.

I've edited the original post, and I will say it again here: my location is Lexington, KY. <snip>

Hi Mray,

I am in Winchester, ~18 miles from Lexington. Can I come

over to see them? Although I have more than I need, I might be interested in

them, or I can help you and a buyer with a deal. If a deal is made, I can buy,

transport and store these on behalf of someone on here for whatever time it

takes for someone to retrieve them. I have PMed you with my

phone number to expedite this for you.

Regards,

James