• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, the Klipsch description says they came in:

FINISHES:
Walnut, Mahogany, Dark Mahogany, Prima Vera

From the label:
The S is for model, the M is mahogany and the 2 is likely the stain, since there is a 7 as well.

The natural mahogany would likely be light or no stain. The top looks like mahogany grain to me. The front, it is hard to tell.

It is prima vera, but was carried on the books of many companies in the 50s and 60s as (white) mahogany. It was cheaper than the unrelated real mahogany, which at the time was itself also cheaper than oak and walnut. Supply lead times, and tastes, were the only significant factors that kept the US from being swamped with prima vera speakers. [:o]

From the label:

The S is for model, the M is mahogany and the 2 is likely the stain, since there is a 7 as well.

The natural mahogany would likely be light or no stain. The top looks like mahogany grain to me. The front, it is hard to tell.

There was a light mahogany and a dark mahogany, and I believe the dark was M7.

It's been a few days since I've had the opportunity to check my Email, and wow....I never expected this much feedback on this forum! I have gotten so much information, and inquiries as to my asking price. I will be honest, I came here to get expert information and advice before listing these online to sell, as I don't want to post false information. I make it clear now, I do not even yet have these in my possession, they are still set up in my sister's condo several miles from here. I'm only doing my homework ahead of time for when she moves and they end up in my house, at which point it will be easier to do things like taking off the grills, and confirming what type of wood this is. Someone mentioned maple, and that was my first guess, but after reading the original price list, I noticed that was not an option. Blond (white) mahogany seems to be the best theory here. I'm no wood expert but I'm a fan of interesting wood.

If I may tell the unrelated story of my grandparents' dining room table, which was custom made using a solid piece of timber that had sat at the bottom of a logging river for over a century. We still don't know what kind of wood it is, but we know that much about it, and that the year of the cut and the logging company was still stamped at the end of the log.

I will be taking the easy way on selling these, and placing them on auction at some point in the near future. I will let bidders decide what they are worth. I may also sell off the entire entertainment center they are hooked up to, which is an Empire turntable (not sure of model # yet) a Marantz Model 19 receiver,

and a BSR EQ-110x equalizer. I would like to thank everyone on here though, by offering cash back to the buyer who mentions being a member of this site, for being so helpful. I'm doing pick-up or delivery only, as I do not trust any freight company with these. If you should make a bid and win these, do not forget to let me know and you will get your discount. How much I do not know yet but please trust me, I'm a fair guy.

It's been a few days since I've had the opportunity to check my Email, and wow....I never expected this much feedback on this forum! I have gotten so much information, and inquiries as to my asking price. I will be honest, I came here to get expert information and advice before listing these online to sell, as I don't want to post false information. I make it clear now, I do not even yet have these in my possession, they are still set up in my sister's condo several miles from here. I'm only doing my homework ahead of time for when she moves and they end up in my house, at which point it will be easier to do things like taking off the grills, and confirming what type of wood this is. Someone mentioned maple, and that was my first guess, but after reading the original price list, I noticed that was not an option. Blond (white) mahogany seems to be the best theory here. I'm no wood expert but I'm a fan of interesting wood.

If I may tell the unrelated story of my grandparents' dining room table, which was custom made using a solid piece of timber that had sat at the bottom of a logging river for over a century. We still don't know what kind of wood it is, but we know that much about it, and that the year of the cut and the logging company was still stamped at the end of the log.

I will be taking the easy way on selling these, and placing them on auction at some point in the near future. I will let bidders decide what they are worth. I may also sell off the entire entertainment center they are hooked up to, which is an Empire turntable (not sure of model # yet) a Marantz Model 19 receiver,

and a BSR EQ-110x equalizer. I would like to thank everyone on here though, by offering cash back to the buyer who mentions being a member of this site, for being so helpful. I'm doing pick-up or delivery only, as I do not trust any freight company with these. If you should make a bid and win these, do not forget to let me know and you will get your discount. How much I do not know yet but please trust me, I'm a fair guy.

A trolling turd!

LMFAO!!! [:@]

He did mention eBay in his very first post. Not trying to defend a stranger, but not wanting to trash one, either...

His last post kinda ruffled my feathers.

Fellas,

It could be that he just is not aware of the amount of gear that passes back and forth via this forum,and does not know of the collegiality and family-spirit that pervades the forum, nor of the generally accepted high class level here. Just a thought...