Congratulations Popalock! AVS Forums "Home Theater of the Month"

Zen Traveler

I LOVE the AVSForum! I agree there are some "Klipsch Haters," there but those are the folks that are fun to poke your finger in their eye when they say something stupid.

I also think there are some great people on the Klipsch Owners Thread but there is alot of misinformation also being spread there...Case in point, Popalock also had an amp salesman come and hook up an external amp during this session and they both commented on it on that thread...The salesman bragged that when they hooked up the amp and ran the RF-7s as Large folks didn't realize that those subs weren't even on (I still find that hard to believe, but I wasn't there). Popalock came on and said he didn't feel he benefited from it given he was crossing his system over at 80 Hz and when the article came out it said they were playing movies at Reference level with no distortion using only his Pioneer.

I wish more people posted in the AVS Multichannel Music Forum, but it does have some traffic. Insofar as the Receivers and Amp section over there, it along with the Audio Theory and Chat Forum have been indispensable for my journey into Home Theater.

{EDIT: For the record, I have enjoyed my participation on the Klipsch Forum as well, but don't post as much because I don't own the newer speakers and others seem to fill that void.}

"Bass"ment. I love it.

From the link:

"Take AVS member Austin, aka popalock. I watched in amazement as he upgraded from twin LMS-Ultra 18" subwoofers ($1000 each just for the drivers) to his current DIY arrangement, an 18,000-watt beast with sixteen 18" drivers. That amount of power and displacement is on par with what one finds in a medium-sized digital IMAX auditorium. Austin posted an excellent build thread, which is well worth a look."

[:o]