Not For Sale

joshjp

Joshjp I had way more problems integrating my 2 chase identical subs than I did using non identical subs.To cut to the quick, phase and reverb were the major problem. Scrappydue turned me on to the Berhinger I Nuke 3000 DSP. The I Nuke has sophisticated EQ setup with PEQ, DEQ and many other features to help get the bass right. Since then I have changed the time domain on speaker calibration, cascaded the avr and sub LPF which made a world of difference. I also found that I did not like the flat response becuase it messed up the midbass slam Those are some really nice subs I hope you can find a solution and keep the subs. The type of bass your are dealing is not amenable to 4 in room treatments. The really low bass may need treatments up to 1 ft thick and significant EQ. The PSA subs and your old Empires are both killer sub combos. Something like the BFD or REW and omnimic to see what is going on in the room with a computer maybe of benefit.

Yes i did, i stacked them and the same problem persists, and in the same areas.

Stacked subs should give the same room response as a single sub but be able to play louder. Have you checked all wiring from amp to drivers for phase issues?

Stacked subs should give the same room response as a single sub but be able to play louder. Have you checked all wiring from amp to drivers for phase issues?

Agreed when i got my first svs pb-12 plus from svs the wiring to the amp/speaker inside was backwards. When i first got it my avr kept telling me it was out of phase. I called svs and they said that happens sometimes and not to worry. Then when i had a problem with the amp and they sent me a new one i noticed the wiring was backwards so i changed it and and reran the auto test and boom no more out of phase. My two other svs subs came set up right so it was definitely messed up when they built it. Does your avr say out of phase by chance?

he has checked the wiring on the amp side but I told him to tear into the drivers and see what's going on. He said Tom said it would be vary rare case that wiring is wrong but to me when they are stacked in the same corner should just be an extra 6db across the board not start canceling stuff out