All rf-82 ii HT

timdog5000

Hello all,

Just curious if anyone has an all rf-82 or rf-82ii HT. If so what sub or subs did you pair with it? Also what about rf-82 as back four and rf-7 as front sound stage for a 7. HT ? I'd have to troll craigslist and audiogon and our forum here for a while to piece it together. Any thoughts, suggestions ?

That would make for a Killer HT set-up

having evenly matched speakers all around makes for a stunning effect

look at SVS for subs the PB12-NSD or the PC12-NSD work great I have dual PC12-NSD the cylinders are great as they are down firing & have a small foot print making placement way easy anywhere in the room , Duals work better as they smooth out things

my room is 24 x 22 & the dual SVS pressurize the room quite well (they have popped sheet rock nails ) the room also opens into a dining room as well

I run 5 CornScala ( 2 ways ) custom center CornScala 4 Cornwall conversions & 4 CS-1.5 clones heights/wides

I was gonna get a single SVS ultra but I emailed Ed of SVS

& he suggested that the 2 PC12-NSD would actually work better than just a single Ultra for about the same $$

you can send a diagram of your room to them & they can suggest best placement

they did for me

look at the Emotiva XPA-5 as a amp

& he suggested that the 2 PC12-NSD would actually work better than just a single Ultra for about the same $$

they did for me

thats funny cause Ed told me the exact opposite.

Do me a favor, it's three hours from you to me. Come up here soon and I can demo the thx stuff, rf-82's, full rf-63 HT and some jtr stuff too. Come hear some different stuff before you start down the long road of piecing stuff together.

they did for me

Ed said that was the case for my room after seeing my room diagram Ed was referring to the use of dual subs over a single is why he said that . I told him I couldn't at the time afford 2 ultras & was gonna only get one ultra . Best case he said was 2 ultras but if I was only getting one the response would be better buying 2 of the NSD's . I trusted what he said . i'm pretty happy with what I got now :)

they did for me

Ed said that was the case for my room after seeing my room diagram Ed was referring to the use of dual subs over a single is why he said that . I told him I couldn't at the time afford 2 ultras & was gonna only get one ultra . Best case he said was 2 ultras but if I was only getting one the response would be better buying 2 of the NSD's . I trusted what he said . i'm pretty happy with what I got now :)

I kinda got both answers. I was asking about the pb-12 plus and wasn't sure if i would buy a 2nd down the road. So my question was how much better is the ultra than the plus. He said about 40%. But the subs will sound different at a certain level pushing the same output in the same band range. Its effortless (like an avr vs sep amp) and the lesser sub maybe not as much. But if you have to have two subs (no way around it) then what else can you do but buy the two you can afford. Unless you can buy one and then another down the road (easier said then done when you want everything now lol). It took me 3 svs subs to get to the ultra and it was probably all i needed all along if i think about it. A good sales man will always pick up on and hear what the buyer is leaning towards. He knew i was not comfortable spending 2k on a sub. But any two svs subs are going to be plenty for a huge % of ht. So there is no bad choice to make imo.

that was my take on what Ed had said , I just was not about to put out that amount of $$$ on 2 subs I never heard before .I had got one NSD to try out at 1st anyway

Rule of thumb of mine ; I take what a salesman says with a grain of salt at any time .

I'm actually glad I got what I got , due to the next subs I get are gonna be a folded horns that will be hidden in a wall

This way i'm not into the 2 NSD's for as much $$$$ as I woud be with 2 Ultra's .

As I always knew I would upgrade anyway & I'd much rather not jump in deep water on my 1st swim .

I NOW know that a folded horn subwoofer is my direction ,where before I didn't know about what they offer

Hello all,
Just curious if anyone has an all rf-82 or rf-82ii HT. If so what sub or subs did you pair with it? Also what about rf-82 as back four and rf-7 as front sound stage for a 7. HT ? I'd have to troll craigslist and audiogon and our forum here for a while to piece it together. Any thoughts, suggestions ?

I do't see anything wrong with the 82s as the back four if you have the room. As others have said having a matched setup all the way arund is great....But the RF-7 ii with 82s rear sounds great as wel which is the setup I have.....As far as the subs I would definitely get what was in your budget as long as it involved two subs....I know only one was recomended but IMO having two makes it so much easier to get smooth even bass throughout the entire room.

I am a fan of two lesser sub than one great sub in my room. I can't stand the uneven coverage in the room. But, you may be looking for more and have to upgrade subs down the road. One of my favorite sub was my PA 150 .