Dialogue hard to hear in DVDs

Micah

I have the Klipsch Pro V2.400s with the updated pre-amp. When I'm watchind DVDs, the music and sound effects are great, but speech is almost silent. I am playing the DVDs with ASUS DVD2000, which as far as I can tell is a derivative of PowerDVD 2.55

Does anyone else have this problem? If I just turn the volume up, the hissing gets to be unbearable. Oh yeah, my soundcard is a sound blaster live x-gamer (just like the original sound blaster live).

Also, what are the best audio settings? Here are my choices:

I) Use DirectSound

1) A3D

2) DirectSound 3D

3) Dolby Surround

4) Stereo

II) Use WaveOut

1) Dolby Surround

2) Stereo

I would think that DirectSound 3D would be the best, but I want to make sure. Heck, I would use any of them if I could get the dialogue to work.

Some of the software that comes for free are limited.

You may have to upgrade to Win-DVD or Power-DVD toget the surround and mixdown features.

Some of the limited software expects you to use a decoder card's s/pdif to you ht.

I thought it would probably be the 6 channel thing with me missing a center channel. I can't seem to find anywhere in the settings to set it up, though. The only audio options that I can find are the ones I listed.

Is there a way I could upgrade ASUS DVD2000 to PowerDVD 3.0? That might fix it.