I have turned my Garage (20X25X12) into a home theater

ntcrusher

Hey guys, I have finished the framing/electrical/wiring/lighting/drywall in my garage making it a home theater. Left and Right Channels are Klipsch Jubilee's with TAD 4002 drivers (top hat). Rear Channels are 2010 Klipch La Scala II's. Rear channels are Klipsch PRO. I need a Center channel that will be a good fit. Any ideas???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really add another jubilee. I am limited on space for the center channel from a height perspective. I'm thinking another la scala would suffice. Here is a picture of the front end:

Posted Image

The garage was already finished. I actually framed in walls and butted them up to the existing drywall. Ran my wiring for recessed lighting, projector, speakers, HDMI, CAT5E/CAT5 and electrical. I then insulated the walls I built. Then put one layer of 1/2 drywall up, then came back with another 1/2 layer of drywall with the green glue on the back of it for sound proofing.

For the other pics go here:

http://s372.photobucket.com/user/ntcrusher/library/Home%20Theater?sort=3&page=1

Do you have room for a KPT-904LF on it's side, and the same horns as your mains? 904 is 26 7/8" tall laying on it's side. The K-402 is 27 1/4" high. That is a total height of 54 1/8". This is roughly 20" taller than a LaScala and about 15" shorter than your Jubes.

You can call anytime....but for now. I'm in town and forgot my phone.

I think Steve built his....but don't know. I currently have an empty LaScala box, just bought some woofers from Mustang Guy. I plan to take the LaScala box to a cabinet type guy, have him wrap the side panels in 3/4" plywood and places new face on the front of the speaker so a larger, single hole an be cut for a K510.

There are pictures of that here...and on audiokarma. I think I put it in a thread showing different uses for the K402

My two cents, as long as your on axis, the 510 will kick some serious hiney.

I should be back at the house.... After 4:00 if all goes to plan

I just took some measurements of my JubScalas. The 510 horns on top of La Scala II complete cabinets are about 51" high, while the 510s sitting on top of the LS2 bass cabinet add up to about 39".

510 horns on top of original (mid-'70s or before) La Scala cabs would be 47" high, while if you fit 510 horns into the HF sections of original La Scalas, your total height would be 34.5" or 35.5", depending on whether the La Scalas are mid-'70s or earlier (34.5"), or late-'70s-2005 (35.5").

Hope this is helpful.