Noise from Klipsch RF-7 II with Marantz AV-7701

Dartvidar

Hi have just bought a Klipsch Reference RF-7 II Sorround system. Its connected to a Parasound Halo A51 power amp, and I use AudioQuest Rocket 33 speaker cable. I use a Oppo BDP-103 blueray player connected to a Marantz AV-7701 pre amp (prosessor).
I use balanced XLR cables between the AV-7701 and the Halo A51. When I turn up the volum can I hear some noise coming from the speaker, the noise level is following the volum. What I suspect is the noise is coming from the AV-7701 prosessor. It's no noise if the pre amp is disconected. I know the Klipsch RF-7 is very sensetive speakers so that is maybe the reason for I can hear the noise so well. When I adjusting the volum to 60-70% of max do I hear the noise very well, and this is the volum I use when I wants to play very loude.

How can I reduce this noise? Will it help to buy a more expensive speaker cables (which cable type) or in-line attenuators?
Has anyone had the same problem?

Welcome to the Klipsch family!

Klipsch speakers are very efficient and show flaws in up-stream components very readily.

My processor was noisy when I had it. Produced a hiss. The sound went away when I hooked my Blu-ray player directly to my amp.

More expensive speaker cables are just that...more expensive. They won't help you one bit.

So you mean it's no way to fight the noise floor? I heard a guy talking about some of his sound floor disapear when he use Kimber monocle cable with his Klipsch RF-7 II, as anyone tried? Will it help with Line Level Attenuator? I got very high volum from the speaker when my pre amp is at 60-70% of max volum.

If everything is operating correctly it's prolly the pre. It could be the amp but pre is usually the one. I had so e very nice pre pros back in that day, some did hiss etc.. The only way cables can fix it is if you have a bad cable exposed to interference. I have owned few units without some noise floor on 7s. The best I had was Outlaw, Emotiva was next. Rotel sounds great but had noise, my Para sound amp had noise but still sounded fantastic.

As said earlier, if it were the cables, it is usually a very low frequency hum from surrounding electrical but will be constant without volume changes. Since it follows the volume control, it is the pre or pre/amp combo as long as it comes from all sources. If you disconnect the source, raise the volume control and it is hiss, you need to replace your components or get lower efficiency speakers to not here it anymore.