new wood tweeter horn

ZombieWoof

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes..... it does have "That look". .. I posted before that they are cool looking "Bling" I am super happy with Crites CT-125 and Crites horn that was a drop in for my 1979 CW I

I am not sure what the Crites part# is for the horn, as it IS different from the T-35 Alinco magnet tweeter I removed. Our member Moray James made me super deal on them a few months ago. The horn on it has Crires name cast into it and looks a bit deeper. I sold the old T-35 to help finance the swap so I don't have them to compare now.

Ay 63 my hearing is 14/16 KHz L&R and I can hear the CT-125 much better at any volume now. Link to a hearing test. I used a db meter to check my Klipsch 2.1 PC system. After 16,000 the meter moved but I could not hear a tone.Even with the volume at 95 Db.I ran the dog outside :-) the Klipsch PC speakers and my upgraded sound card moved the meter to 20,000Khz. ... way past my old ears.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/hearing_test/

I am not sure what the Crites part# is for the horn, as it IS different from the T-35 Alinco magnet tweeter I removed.

Bob had the horn manufactured to be a drop in replacement for the Klipsch K77. The driver is made in Poland.

Bruce

I am not sure what the Crites part# is for the horn, as it IS different from the T-35 Alinco magnet tweeter I removed.

Bob had the horn manufactured to be a drop in replacement for the Klipsch K77. The driver is made in Poland.

Bruce

Thanks, I knew that but I noticed on this thread there is mention of two different Crites parts# IIRC for two different horns that screw into the I.D. threaded driver Bob has shipped from Poland. My IIRC is not what it use to be. Now you see why I wondered what part# horn is on my Poland made driver.

Louis

Cornwall II doesn't use a K-77, the CT-125 is not a drop in replacement for that driver.

will the CT-125 work with a stock Cornwall II crossover ? ? ?

IIRC Bob's CT-125 will surface mount on a CW II

I surfaced mounted CT-125's on my CW I cabinets when I did them as CornScala mods

works quite well I M O

you have to detach the horn from the driver & then mount the horn & then spin the driver back on the horn from the inside of the cabinet

you have to be careful NOT to cross thread the horn , but can be done very easy