IGroove HG power supply

Ben Morris

I have an IGroove HG and the power supply appears to have failed. The PSU from Phihong PSM36W-201© is no longer available and Klipsch cannot/won't help. I either need an alternative replacement for the PSM36W or the pinout for the round 4pin plug that ison the PSU so I can modify an alternative. It seems silly to junk the speakers when they are working OK. Any help would be appreciated. There seem to be a few threads on this subject but no conclusions!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ben, I have had the same problem three times now, I have got to wondering what is inside that magical black box, might be time to break one open and troubleshoot. My knowledge of electronics is somewhat limited, anyone have any idea what could be so complicated that no-one repairs them?

I have already opened mine and there is no evidence visually of anything wrong. I have no skills in faultfinding so the PSU is heading for the bin. I will keep the plug that fits the speakers just in case there is SOMEONE on this site that can give me the pinout! Failing that I have a variable PSU and will take a guess with the likely outcome of knackering the speakers!

I have already opened mine and there is no evidence visually of anything wrong. I have no skills in faultfinding so the PSU is heading for the bin. I will keep the plug that fits the speakers just in case there is SOMEONE on this site that can give me the pinout! Failing that I have a variable PSU and will take a guess with the likely outcome of knackering the speakers!

Ok, keep me up-dated, did you see that I did start a discussion on a possible repair in the technical section of this forum, no definite outcome yet but some helpful suggestions, maybe you could chime in with any knowledge you may have. Seems there was a known problem with these psu's, and your right there is no evidence of anything being wrong, which makes the fault finding all the more frustrating. We will solve the problem, or blow our speakers trying...lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

An old thread, but I just found a source for this power brick, so posting in case the info helps anyone else:

£20 delivered from UK eBay seller acadaptors_r_us

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Make sure you buy the UK Clover plug lead for the adaptor as well - the link above includes it (they have other listings which don't include this cable - i.e. just the power brick itself)

I just received mine, and am now really glad that I didn't throw my iGroove away after the PhiHong power brick packed up. Great sound for my iPod again !

Disclaimer: I am not connected to the seller in any way :)