New Cornwalls (31 years old)

Heritage_Head

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are nice and minty! I sure wish the ones I went to look at the other day were in that good of condition, I love vintage speakers, you get awesome speakers that usually sound better than new ones costing twice as much. One set of my speakers are about 35 years the other is about 25.

You will have to give us your impressions on these.

I have not heard the Cornwall vs the Chorus/Chorus II in the same system but I believe the Chorus was kind of a replacement for the Cornwall. In my system I had a ton of back and forth and never could really pick a clear winner between the Chorus II and RF-7. They both did a little something better than the other in certain areas. For music I chose to use the Chorus II and for the HT room I chose to use the RF-7.

I have not heard the Cornwall vs the Chorus/Chorus II in the same system but I believe the Chorus was kind of a replacement for the Cornwall. In my system I had a ton of back and forth and never could really pick a clear winner between the Chorus II and RF-7. They both did a little something better than the other in certain areas. For music I chose to use the Chorus II and for the HT room I chose to use the RF-7.

I really feel the same way. There is no clear cut winner here. The 7s have a sparkle to them that i have not heard in any other speaker. They have this sound like its in the room right in front of you vs a sound that is coming out of a speaker.The detail or sparkle of the 7s is clean and clear it gives a realism thats really awesome for movies.The cornwalls are amazing speakers that have a really powerful big sound.The bass is tight and powerful. The voice is probably the biggest i have heard yet from a set of speakers. Music has a sound that is hard to explain. Its almost like a drug that makes you want to listen to more and more. Each instrument is large and separate from the others. But really the two speakers sound really close to each other. And now I can see why klipsch almost called the RF-7 the RF-Heritage.They are really that close. With now owning two of the older klipsch models (quartet and these) its clear to me that the RF-7ii are right in the mix as some of klipsch best speakers (sound wise). However I can also see why the Heritage speaker have a cult like following. They are beautiful speakers that is like a high quality piece of furniture. They also appear to be bullet proof speakers that will probably last forever. It was not easy to take them out of my main system. I miss them already and its only been a few hours since i moved them up stairs lol. If i had to pic a winner I would say the cornwalls have a tiny edge. But it was like i would listen to the 7s and think these are better then i would switch to the corns and think no these are better and so on.

I really feel the same way. There is no clear cut winner here. The 7s have a sparkle to them that i have not heard in any other speaker. They have this sound like its in the room right in front of you vs a sound that is coming out of a speaker.The detail or sparkle of the 7s is clean and clear it gives a realism thats really awesome for movies.The cornwalls are amazing speakers that have a really powerful big sound.The bass is tight and powerful. The voice is probably the biggest i have heard yet from a set of speakers. Music has a sound that is hard to explain. Its almost like a drug that makes you want to listen to more and more. Each instrument is large and separate from the others. But really the two speakers sound really close to each other. And now I can see why klipsch almost called the RF-7 the RF-Heritage.They are really that close. With now owning two of the older klipsch models (quartet and these) its clear to me that the RF-7ii are right in the mix as some of klipsch best speakers (sound wise). However I can also see why the Heritage speaker have a cult like following. They are beautiful speakers that is like a high quality piece of furniture. They also appear to be bullet proof speakers that will probably last forever. It was not easy to take them out of my main system. I miss them already and its only been a few hours since i moved them up stairs lol. If i had to pic a winner I would say the cornwalls have a tiny edge. But it was like i would listen to the 7s and think these are better then i would switch to the corns and think no these are better and so on.

I like your assessment of the RF-7ii's and the CW's. I had my cornwalls and RF-7's in the same room for a good while, and back and forthed them all the time. I also could not crown a clear cut winner. It seemed like which ever one I was listening to at them moment was the better sounding one. My wife always leans towards the RF-7's but agrees that It's a photo finish. I've got the CW's in a different room now, and have la scalas in the same room with the RF-7's. I let them battle now, and there's no clear winner there either. I do have subs added to the la scalas, and they sound pretty spectacular. But, the RF-7's just refuse to take a back seat to any speaker that I've challenged them with. I was going to sell the cornwalls when I got the la scalas, but I couldn't because I love them too much. I can't say out of the la scalas, cornwalls or RF-7ii's which one I prefer. I love them all.

RF7 IIs are no match for Cornwalls, i.e. References don't compare to Heritages!

Just bought these and cant wait to do a battle with the RF-7iis Big Smile. The quartet battle was pretty one sided with the rf-7ii being head and shoulders better in all areas. But these corns are fricking HUGE!!! and sounded amazing when i heard them on a crapy avr he had. So cant wait to get them hooked

I'm not sure if they could beat them in arm wrestling but sound wise they do belong at the same table. I've a/b'ed my cornwalls and la scalas wth my RF-7ii's, and I don't think the RF-7's are better, but the do hang pretty well.[:D]

Like MF said, if you update the crossovers (basically new caps) in essentially 30 year old speakers, your going to be "Gobsmacked"!

I ordered new crossovers from bob [:D]. I was going to just recap but for 150 more i get brand new plus i can keep the old ones original if i ever sell them (no way im selling these but never know [:D])

Just bought these and cant wait to do a battle with the RF-7iis Big Smile. The quartet battle was pretty one sided with the rf-7ii being head and shoulders better in all areas. But these corns are fricking HUGE!!! and sounded amazing when i heard them on a crapy avr he had. So cant wait to get them hooked

Well your welcome to think that but the RF-7ii is not your typical reference speaker. The sound is really clean and refined its very impressive imo. Now i do think the corns are a tad better but this is not an easy choice.

i'm really excited to hear the corns with new x overs because they are so good now i cant wait to hear them even better. [:D]

I like your assessment of the RF-7ii's and the CW's. I had my cornwalls and RF-7's in the same room for a good while, and back and forthed them all the time. I also could not crown a clear cut winner. It seemed like which ever one I was listening to at them moment was the better sounding one. My wife always leans towards the RF-7's but agrees that It's a photo finish. I've got the CW's in a different room now, and have la scalas in the same room with the RF-7's. I let them battle now, and there's no clear winner there either. I do have subs added to the la scalas, and they sound pretty spectacular. But, the RF-7's just refuse to take a back seat to any speaker that I've challenged them with. I was going to sell the cornwalls when I got the la scalas, but I couldn't because I love them too much. I can't say out of the la scalas, cornwalls or RF-7ii's which one I prefer. I love them all.

Thanks for sharing i guess i don't need my hearing checked lol :)