Looking for new sub

botelerc

I'm looking for a new sub for my current 83/64 setup. I want at least 500 watts. don't really want to spent more that $500. and I would perfer in cherry, to match my set. I don't mind used. I really like the RT 10/12. I would appreciate your input thanks

I'm looking for a new sub for my current 83/64 setup. I want at least 500 watts. don't really want to spent more that $500. and I would perfer in cherry, to match my set. I don't mind used.

This would fit the bill perfectly(rosewood though). Quite a drive from Pensacola but maybe you could work out a "pony express" with some forum members. Get someone to go by and get it and drive it to my house, I will hold it. My buddy drives to Pensacola about twice a month to go check on his elderly parents and I know he would not mind bringing the sub with him.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/3966653581.html

00909_bxTfXZ4LtFZ_600x450.jpg

The Servo 15 is an awesome subwoofer. I owned two of them before and they are great.

Bill

I have a cherry svs pb-13 ultra for sale. It's 3 times the money you want to spend but your setup deserves it!

When I saw this request by OP I immediately thought of your PB-13 Ultra. Then I saw the price restraints so I found the Servo 15.

As good as the Servo 15 is, your PB13 Ultra in sealed mode will not only did deeper(16Hz vs 18Hz) but achieve it with more headroom(1000w/3600w vs 400w/1200w) and most likely be more musical.

Bill

i heart subs. Take your Pick http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers. I just bought 2 pc12-plus and yes, i know its out of your range but so far, the service with SVS has been stellar. My one sub has been through 2 plate amps which from what i described they had never seen. I can see how both amps got past QC and thats because they were latent defects, they took time to show up, not something you are going to see in the time a manufacturer would take to QC. None the less, they sent me 2 amps both with return shipping prepaid. I just hooked up the new amp last night and the sub is now working perfect. They are a bit more spendy but you get an awesome warranty, a great 45 day trial period and stand up customer service. This is if you want to buy new.

Used subs can be just as good as new but there is the off chance the amp is malfunctioning and then you have to worry about how to service it. The great thing about online direct is they are setup well with shipping and getting things services is generally easy. I got burned on the purchase of a rotel receiver and one of the channels is going bad. Passive speakers are a rock solid purchase because 9/10 times you can tell if they are bad just by looking and listening to them. Speakers with amps built-in....thats a gamble.

i heart subs.

Me too.

[Y]

Used subs can be just as good as new but there is the off chance the amp is malfunctioning and then you have to worry about how to service it.

You are correct but the law of averages is with you not against you.

I have bought 5 used subs and only one needed repair and that was only a solder input issue. My buddy did the repair for free.

The great thing about online direct is they are setup well with shipping and getting things services is generally easy.

Very true also.

I got burned on the purchase of a rotel receiver and one of the channels is going bad.

I have bought 25 amps and 2 receivers on the used market and only have spent about $500.00 in repairs.

Bill

i thought about the DIY route but at the end of the day i said i dont have time to screw around with a sub build right now. In the future i will when i have some good disposable income. The GF snarled at the size of the subs i have now which actually surprised me a bit. Its "cluttering" her living room, whatever that means.

The GF snarled at the size of the subs i have now which actually surprised me a bit. Its "cluttering" her living room, whatever that means.

Remember that when you get married to her , She's on a mission to claim the room as hers & your Klipsch will turn into Bose in a Blink o'Eye if your not careful !

I gave mine the time honored

" The Klipsch were here before you & will still be here after you are gone ! " line .

[:P]