quartet or heresy ii opinions

I had a set of minty HII's and they were not my cup of tea. I thought that a sub was a need with them and overall they were just too in my face. I have a set of Q's and love them. For music such as rock, blues and jazz I do not feel the need or want for a sub. I feel from top to bottom it is a much more balanced speaker.

I have a chance to pick up a mint pair of quartets or a pair of heresy ii's.

I have Heresy II's and just sold some Quartets.

I really like them both. You want deeper bass, get the Quartets. You want tighter bass, get the HII's. These are my experieces but the two pairs were used in different systems in different rooms.

I sold the Quartets because they were in the same room as my main system with the RF-63's. In the family room, I listened to the RF-63 system 90% of the time and the Quartets remained mostly as eye candy with their unique and beautiful oiled oak finish.

Bill

I have Heresy II's and just sold some Quartets.

I really like them both. You want deeper bass, get the Quartets. You want tighter bass, get the HII's. These are my experieces but the two pairs were used in different systems in different rooms.

Bill

I just did the opposite. I have Quartets and just sold my H II's .

I agree with Bill and had mine on same system. I needed the sub for the H II's hooked up to MC250 in approx 20 x 13 room. With the Quartets, no sub needed and they thump the chest in same room. Once I replaced stock tweeters with Ti diaphragms, the high end smoothed out and extends just as well as the H II's is my impressions now after about 50 hrs in . Great speakers both, but I loves my quartets!

I can't wait to go home and hook them up to my gear at home will have a review and pics later.

Did you write this at the guys place you were so excited to tell the news??.....lol

Congrats!...look into those Ti diapraghms after listening to them for awhile.....loved what they did for mine. New crossovers and mids are next here. I got mine for just a lil more and the upgrades are inexpensive to bring them to another level.

Enjoy!

if you want some additional bass extension you can add 2.5 ounces of dead weight in the form of some steel flat washers to each of the passive radiators (inside centre). Lots of other mods you can do as well. Raise them up so the centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level for the best and least expensive mod you can do. Best regards Moray James.

Here is some pics of the quartets, is there anything I can do for a couple spots on the top of the speaker were the black has came off? What color/ laquer to use thanks guys

Pics don't reveal the extent of covering needed, but if it's small knicks try a simple black marker.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got the quartets home, cleaned up and they sound very impressive! They are not a forte but not far behind... They image well and are very musical. I'm very pleased with these ti diaphragms and new xovers are definitely in the future!

In the very near future for me as these were waiting for me when I got home today! Next 5 days off is going to be fun. Just thought I keep in this thread

I swapped out 1 quartet so far and did a lil A/B test. After about 30 mins of a good workout of Junior Wells and Led Zeppelin "Ramble on" on the mid diaphragm and crossover swap, it is a substantial improvement in soundstage and clarity. I put my C28 on mono so it was feeding the same on both and sat dead center at 10ft and its almost like 2 different speakers!

Back to work on the other one and then kick back and rock out until the girlfriend comes here in the evening [:D]

[:'(] <<< tears of joy !