quartet or heresy ii opinions

having owned a set of Bobs Phenolic mids I can say that as nice as they are and as much of an improvement they are over the stock Klipsch diaphragm (there are it for die hard Phenolic lovers) theTitanium diaphragms are a MUCH bigger step up again. Lots more mods to do yet these are diamonds in the rough. Best regards Moray James.

having owned a set of Bobs Phenolic mids I can say that as nice as they are and as much of an improvement they are over the stock Klipsch diaphragm (there are it for die hard Phenolic lovers) theTitanium diaphragms are a MUCH bigger step up again. Lots more mods to do yet these are diamonds in the rough. Best regards Moray James.

I'm loving the improvements. I've read a lot about the mods (including many posts of yours sir) and opening them up and working on speakers for first time really, I enjoyed it and don't feel intimidated to doing more when ready. The bracing you've written about intrigues me now [:D]

Thanks

Congrats on getting the Quartets.

I own H3s. With my subwoofer in play they sound great. But without a sub, I think you would probably have a preference for the Quartets.

Never heard them myself, have heard fine things about them.

I listen to alot of Jazz, plus some rock and classical. With the Heresys, I really needed a sub.

Hey guys, I got the quartets home, cleaned up and they sound very impressive! They are not a forte but not far behind... They image well and are very musical. I'm very pleased with these ti diaphragms and new xovers are definitely in the future!

In the very near future for me as these were waiting for me when I got home today! Next 5 days off is going to be fun. Just thought I keep in this thread

Nice pics! heresy over quartets i gotta say. definately with crites components. I would have to take the quartets over my h3's as well. basically due to price alone. The heresy3 may sound a bit better and have bi wire 5 ways although the sound is so close lower price trumps. and a bit weathier bass output. With crites components the quartets easily. I love them black ones on page 1! My quartets were oak with green grilles so i had to sell till i find a black pair i can afford that are close for pic-up .. . .. .

• Like 3