A fond farewell

Johnlw7

You and your family are in my prayers! Please remember us on the other side.

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul:

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;

Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever."

Psalms 23.

It sounds like you are rightfully proud of your two sons. I'm sure you have passed along to them your love of vinyl. If they don't know now what you see in it, perhaps some day they will. Certainly, remembering their father, they will be respectful of anyone they run across who does enjoy it.

I wish you joy while you are with us, and a peaceful end. I never will know the words of solace for this road we all will travel. Pastors and others think they know. In the end, though, I think it's a gesture, a look, a simple touch from a friend or loved one that says it all.

A friend of mine, now gone, when ill always signed off on his letters with a simple Be Well.

Be well.

I am a blessed man to have so many friends.My transmission blew out yesterday on the way to take my son back to his home in Mountain View,Ar.We were in the boondocks and had to walk about 2.5 miles.The lord and my youngest son made sure I made to his mothers home.Those last few hills were tough but i made it.I didn't think I could make it a block being so sick the day before from the chemotherapy.I hope you guys don't think I am bragging.It will be the last time I will drive.thank god for my wonderful son who coached me on home.

• Like 1

My son is a very special young man he has put off his education to help take care of both of his parents.19 years old and the most caring soul I have ever known.He is 6ft tall and 240 lbs.tough as nails but the most well behaved and mannered young man i know.He has sacrificed his life to help me.Even when I have been a jerk.I love you Cody.

• Like 1

My son is a very special young man he has put off his education to help take care of both of his parents.19 years old and the most caring soul I have ever known.He is 6ft tall and 240 lbs.tough as nails but the most well behaved and mannered young man i know.He has sacrificed his life to help me.Even when I have been a jerk.I love you Cody.

Hey John,

I see it as he's becoming a better man, having gone though everything he has gone through. He will carry his experiences with him for the rest of his life. Sometimes/usually it's the "harder" things in life that make us better people. Love and compassion are great attributes to have in life.

He is truly blessed and I believe many people will be touched by Cody, throughout his life.

Thanks for keeping us updated, you continue to be in my thoughts and Prayers.

Dennie

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am entering the final months of my nearly year long battle with stage 4 colon cancer.It has spread to my liver and lungs.I have had a wonderful life and have two of the finest sons in the world.I also have a sister with stage 4 thyroid cancer and another with pancreatitus. It may conquer our bodies but never our spirts.Cancer has wiped out most of family including my saintly mother nearly 25 years ago.Live your life like today will be your last.Don't wallow in self pity.Smile and laugh at every chance.I have truly enjoyed the Klipsch Forums and the many very good people here.So I say goodbye tonight!Please get the scope done.It is worth the trouble.Peace to all of you here and may God watch over you and your families.Please remember our fighting men and women.My oldest is a Marine stationed in Japan.

John,

Having lost three close family members in the last 18 months, two to cancer and one an unexpected sudden death your post hits kind of hard.

You have children and as such you will live on this earth forever through them and their descendants.

Greg

• Like 1

May peace be with you, always .....

“Music... will help dissolve your perplexities and purify your character and sensibilities, and in time of care and sorrow, will keep a fountain of joy alive in you.”

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

This carries extra meaning now as well.  We never know the day or the hour.  Life is short, encourage one another every day.

• Like 2