opinions ?

gary p

I have had my chorus IIS for a few months now,New crossovers and ti tweeters (thanks Bob) and its time to make my final 2 channel decision. I'm gonna put my 82s back and restore my 7.1. I have been set on adding a marantz pm8004 and using my oppo 105 as source. This is a same room set up in my basement that is 12 x 45. No reflection problems. Excess sound just rolls to the back of the room. Rear surrounds are about 20 feet back. Option 2 is getting a gen-2 emotiva xpa-2 and throwing in a behringer fbq 6200 equalizer into the mix. This gives me plenty of headroom and tons of control to play with. I wanted the marantz for the tri-tone which I think will work well with the chorus,but I might run out of power. So its proven quality vs potential mega awesome. Opinions ??

Come on guys. I'm turning 50 in a couple weeks and I told my wife no party I'm just gonna get some new gear. I've saved a thousand bucks and these are my options.its alot of money to me and I'm seriously stuck and can't decide.doesn't anyone own a pm8004 ? I know what I'll get with the emotiva. We all can't have tubes and horns. Any advice ?

Come on guys. I'm turning 50 in a couple weeks...

He's my opinion for what it's worth.... Nothing to worry about... "50 is young..." Play on my friend.

I know that this is not what you were wanting an opinion on, but it's worth saying. lol..

Maybe to some making it to 50 is no big deal. I spent 4 years in the marines,4 years on a garbage truck, and 25 years on a very busy fire department. All while helping raise 4 kids. And I still have 5 years to go. So in my world making it to 50 alive is kind of a big deal. Just saying....