absolutv

Hey guys! Recently pulled the trigger and completed my surround sound, for now. I'm running RF-82ii's in the front and RB-61ii's for the rear. Center is RC-62ii with a hopefully soon to be upgraded SW-450 for sub. So far so good, with one exception. I recently purchased an Emotiva UMP-200 and failed to realize my receiver (Denon AVR-790) doesn't have pre-outs. I know I should have looked first, but I could have sworn it did. Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade the receiver now to something that will support the amp. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I would like to keep it ~$500 since I just dropped a bit of coin on everything else.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm running RF-82ii's in the front and RB-61ii's for the rear.

That's a great setup.

I have been very satisfied with my HK AVR3600. Latest one's on Ebay are selling as low as $300. Here is a New in Box that ends in 4 days. Link

I have no problems with the HK's room correction. It does a much better job than my previous UMC-1 which was horrible at room correction.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at picking up the Onyko TX-NR717..

Thoughts?

I looked hard at that unit and the 818 last year when I was in the market. In my reading it seemed to have more that its fair share of HDMI issues so I steered clear. Very happy with my Pioneer units.

Hey guys! Recently pulled the trigger and completed my surround sound, for now. I'm running RF-82ii's in the front and RB-61ii's for the rear. Center is RC-62ii with a hopefully soon to be upgraded SW-450 for sub. So far so good, with one exception. I recently purchased an Emotiva UMP-200 and failed to realize my receiver (Denon AVR-790) doesn't have pre-outs. I know I should have looked first, but I could have sworn it did. Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade the receiver now to something that will support the amp. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I would like to keep it ~$500 since I just dropped a bit of coin on everything else.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

I would get an OPPO BDP-103.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

Welcome to the forum. What are the specs on the Emotiva UMP-200? I'm not able to find that one in Google. Is it a multichannel amp you would use with a preamp like the Emotiva UMC-200 (which by the way is on sale for $599)?

Thanks for the input. I'm looking at picking up the Onyko TX-NR717..

Thoughts?

I looked hard at that unit and the 818 last year when I was in the market. In my reading it seemed to have more that its fair share of HDMI issues so I steered clear. Very happy with my Pioneer units.

I had few different receivers (no top of the line stuff, all mid liners) and IMHO Pioneer makes very best $3-500 receivers. some say Pioneers are "too bright" for the Klipsch, but I think they sound just perfect together.

I was going to suggest you just get a dedicated pre/pro unless finances are really tight which might push you back into receiver territory. The emo processor is an option and outlaw audio has one as well similarly priced. I just havent done a close side by side comparison to tell your pros/cons.

First off, I didn't expect to have so much input, you guys are great!! I was supposed to have the RF-82's this weekend but have gotten pushed out until tomorrow, hopefully. I did mean UPA-200, got my letters a little twisted. For now I have the amp in the box and think I will just use the Denon I have now to drive everything. Once it's all installed and had a chance to be broken in I'll most likely look for a dedicated pre/pro. Anyway, this thread is worthless without pictures right?? :)