In need of banana plugs!!!

Lovebohn

I want to replace the angle pins that came on my new Monster Cable Z2 biwires with banana plugs. Does anyone know of a place or has some for sale. I wanted to get the Monster Locks with the spin on banana plugs like the ones i have included in the pictures. These are going on my KSP 400's and hope to help make them sound even better. Thanks.

------------------

KSP 400

KSP C6

KSP S6

KSP C6 Rear Center

M&K V-75 Sub

Denon 3802

JVC 701 DVD

Mits WS-55819 HDTV RPTV

Do you have a decent audio dealer such as a Tweeter in your area. They should carry that kind of stuff. I got mine at the local Tweeter here in Fredericksburg.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

In good ole Wisconsin go to American. They sell them for sure, maybe even circuit city or best buy too. But yes, they are expensive for just a little package.

Yes I did come back for one night every one. One took like 5 hrs to look at some topics. Even thought we have a 56k modem at home our line to our house has something wrong so we have to slowest connection in the world. I didn't get a chance to look at every thing yet, but Justin I hope your doing better. M00N I didn't get to look at your new (at least to me) TH soon to come, but I will sometime. Just wanted to say that I miss this site and that I hope to get my new RF3-II's with in 2 weeks. (big sale at american comming up that that the salesman told me about 3 months ago.)

------------------

The 17th school is done, no more forum for me. :(

outpost.com, fry'e electronics, radio shack, crutchfield.com, tweeter, the home theater store, best buy, circuit city

just off the top of my head Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

btw, it won't sound better. if anything, banana plugs give you LESS sound quality than bare wire connections. of course, there's the practical issue. bananas are purely for practical reasons, if you wanted the best connection possible, you'd solder the bare wire to the speaker terminals. bananas, like any other connection, simply get in the way and add resistance to the signal path.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

This message has been edited by Seb on 07-03-2002 at 09:13 PM

Is it really going to make that much difference sound in how you connect everything up? I use banana plugs for the simple fact that they are easier to deal with. I can't imagine that it would effect the sound all that much depending if you used the bare wire or some fancy connector.

As far as to the best place to get things like banana plugs and such, yeah, you may save a few bucks if you order them online, but I figured that the hassle was not worth it and it was just easier to run to the local shop and pick up what I needed and be done with it.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)