EV HP640 on Klipschorn, now setting up the MINIDSP.

The Dude

i'm catching these screen shot & your decriptions , keep 'em coming [Y]

Yeah My plan is miniDSP's for the THT horn subs & then go active with my 9 channels of 2-ways

controlled by the miniDSP after the subs are up & running

I can see where the miniDSP's Future is all "Sunshine" so I'll need sunglasses

If you get my drift [H]

Kind of going the same route as you. I was thinking of trying one of those amps from either crown such as the xti 1001 or the behringer inuke1000 for the sub. Behringer DCX2496 for the L/C/R. I could all ways use the minidsp down the road for my surrounds, I started with the minidsp for the cost and simplicity. I am on the computer upstairs if I get down stairs tomorrow I will post some more screen shots.

I have been using a MiniDSP to run my Speakerlab K (uses K33E woofers), that has EV HR6040+Altec 288 top end. This is a two way configuration, and the Altec drivers give a bit more top end than the EV DH1012's I've used, enabling this to effectively be a two-way setup.

The bass horns were set up along the tuning parameter lines that Greg Oshiro has done using a different crossover. I have found those frequencies and gains to work reasonably well, although I had to hand tune some of the gains for my room.

I run the LeCleach butterworth configuration on the filter.

Very pleased with this. Run 100W Mosfet monoblocks on the bottom, SE84 SET (2w) on the top. I am not necessarily golden-eared, but this arrangement gives a system that images unlike any horn system I've ever listened to. Quite pleased.

Be careful with the MiniDSP, and turn your amp gains way down. While messing around with my unit during setup, I was able to introduce transients into the horns that actually took pictures off the wall in my livingroom (not to mention scaring the he** out of me in the process), Approach with care and caution, and you will be rewarded.

I keep my unit powered on 24-7, because the management of the turn on and shut down of my system requires a bit of care (tube amps don't turn off instantly). So, I sequence the power to the system using one of the power sequencer units often used in pro sound.

Have fun!

The mic is located the about 3' from the center of the horn. I will have to try tomorrow, for some reason REW is not responding on my laptop. So I am clear, you want me to leave the crossover filter inputted. Run the frequency sweep from 20hz to 2khz.. Amplifier power would be 50 watts rms from my MC2505 should I get a different amp and re run everything.

• 3 weeks later...

So before I figured something out, I moved the Klipshorns to garage(for multiple reasons). But I figured out the auto eq tool, this is very helpful for equing things, which I would have figured this out before I moved them. Well if the sell never goes through by the time I get my basement finished, then I will get back at it. Greg thanks for all your help and offers. Like I said if I get back at this project I will drop you a line. But for now I have the listening room simplified so I can just listen to music.