Thought on this sub?

botelerc

If any of you have tried this sub. HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid-Bass Module, Please let me know what your thought are. I currently have RF 83/64 set up and am looking to upgrade my sub in the future. I really want something made with wood veneer as my are cherry. Also looking at the 300 watt and up continous range. Don't really want a huge sub. Don't know the room dimentions as I will be moving in the near future., Thanks

Chad

Hey Chad, just like the name says its a mid bass module meaning it'll only reproduce a frequency response 50 hz and up. This unit is men't to accompany an actual sub woofer and take over the mid bass duties. So you'll want to look for other options for a sub, SVS, Rythmik, PSA, HSU, are all good options.

Out of svs rythmik psa and hsu only one company makes a cherry colored sub.

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/power-x/products/xs30

This sub or the XV-15 in cherry would compliment what you have nicely. Keep in mind you have a pretty beefy setup. Don't waste your money in a little sub that ain't gonna help. Your gonna need something beefy to keep up. Plan ahead for a future move. Don't wanna get small sub now amd move to a huge room. Then that's just another waste of money.

Even though, they don't offer any in a wood veener. I may consider a Sunfire HS10 or !2. They are probably closer to my price range. I don't know how they will sound. I not really in a hurry. May just wait and see what I can find in an older model that actually have cherry or rosewood/nut veneer.I don't really want to spend more than $500.

May just wait and see what I can find in an older model that actually have cherry or rosewood/nut veneer.I don't really want to spend more than $500.

00909_bxTfXZ4LtFZ_600x450.jpg

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/3966653581.html

I suggested this in your last thread about subs. The offer still stands to hold it if you can get someone to transport it up to me in Kissimmee. These Paradigm Servo 15's are fantastic subs for music and movies.

Size: 20x18x21.75 Weight: 78lbs

Not exactly compact but definitely smaller than an SVS PB13 Ultra.

Bill

I had an MBM-12 for a while and absolutely loved it. Had it paired with an SVS PC 16-46. The SVS was a bottom feeder and had no midbass slam. The MBM added another world of impact. Explosions, bass drums, etc were out of this world. I'd love to get another one some day.