Reprints or scans of Forte and Forte II reviews.

andyo5

I know that Stereophile reviewed the Forte in the 1980s and Stereo Review reviewed them both. Does anybody have a scan of one or more reviews they could email me? My other option is to buy online for around $11 shipped, for each two page review. Seems kinda pricey.

Thanks.

Puttig aside the fully horn loaded Khorn and the LaScala the Forte and Cornwall are the two most highly regarded Klipsch loudspeakers in existance. I cannot imagine what a review from a magazine is going to tell you which has any real meaning. Only your impression is of importance to you. The fact that Fortre are still in high deman and hold consistant value in the market place tells you that thousands of ownere new and od value the Forte highly. You also have to remember you are buying old speakers so crossover components will need to ve updated. The horn diaphragms can also be updated to all titanium and there are numerous modifications which will enhance performance as well. the fact that many spend good time developing upgrades and modifications further reflects upon the quality of the Forte.

In my opinion the Forte or Forte ll when fully upgraded and modified can easily go head to head with new commercial loudspeakers in the 5 - 10K range. You would be better served by talking with Forte owners and better again by finding a pair and listening. There may well be forum members in your area or within driving distance who would be more than happy to have you over to listen. That is the only way you are going to learn about the speaker. I hope that thias is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

Well lets read it again, four times for me. No going to read it now, but seems they hemmed and hawed and could not find much or anything to crticize. Except for the fact they were having to send the forte' back to Klipssch soon. Julian Hirsch,etc:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/62031/606908.aspx#606908

Have not found the Forte II review if done.

Thanks, Billybob. Got it and no issues reading it.
Also appreciate the 2011 thread, which I will read tonight.
Andy

Welcome and I just read it again. Makes for some good light reading. It may well have had a part, how big cannot say, in my pulling the trigger on some awhile back. That and the auditiing of same at forum members home. When I walked into it, I could hear distinct bass notes coming out of the room where they were gently playing.

Since you are trying to determine between the two, if I understand, that you may prefer, I suggest like was said above to audition if possible both. Having said that, you cannot go wrong with either, after having heard both now. They are highly resaleable for the reasonable original purchase price. If you like some forum talk on this topic, I suggest an entire site search here. There has been several Forte versus Forte II shootouts on the subject here. Start with something like Forte versus Forte II, and you will hit paydirt. I almost guarantee it.

Happy listening

Thanks, sanchopanza. Unfortunately, when I enlarge the cut sheet to read it, it becomes too fuzzy. to read.

I know there is a Forte ll review out there, entitled "Some Like it Loud". I think it was from Stereo Review, but not sure.

• 7 months later...