KG-2.2 V opinions

tromprof

I am thinking about picking up a KG-2.2V as a center to use between KG-4s. Currently I am using a one of a pair of KG-3.2 for a center. I would like to free up the 3.2 to use as surrounds. Any opinions of the 2.2V vs a 3.2. I like the sound I currently have a don't want to take a step backwards.

Thanks

You're going to lose bass extension with the 2.2V. Maybe a little on the sound stage.

Still, it's not a bad speaker. I would go for it and move the 3.2 to the rear.

Not so worried about loosing bass as loosing clarity. An Academy would of course be a first choice, this is definitely a something I will do only if I can get it for a good price. Thanks for the opinions!

You're going to lose bass extension with the 2.2V. Maybe a little on the sound stage.

Not so worried about loosing bass as loosing clarity. An Academy would of course be a first choice, this is definitely a something I will do only if I can get it for a good price. Thanks for the opinions!

Academy's make great centers. I have had mine for quite a few years. Some people do like the KLF-C6 better. YMMV.

Academy's make great centers. I have had mine for quite a few years. Some people do like the KLF-C6 better. YMMV.

The only problem with the Academy is price. They always seem in the $300-350 range, which is what I have in both my KG4s and KG3.2s put together. This needs to be a system on the cheap. My "good system" is in the basement. This is for the living-room where the fireplace is. As nice as the basement is for watching movies, come winter time a good fire trumps a great basement system. I figured I would make the LR system a little nicer but don't want to spend a lot. I like the KG series for that reason, a great bang for the buck speaker!