New house, Theater Room!

reynolr

Well it is still a work in progress. Need to raise the center (waiting on the shelf), and some theater wall art (posters and what not) and possible paint among other things. But I am happy with the turn thus far. We moved in a week ago Sunday and I made this room top priority lol. So here is my dedicated (if you don't count the dog's cage) theater room.

Grills off.

Mind a few suggestions? Swap the speakers inside with the sub and cabinet, away from the walls. Toe them in towards the listening position.

If it were me, I'd move the cabinet from the front wall and over to the left side of the couch, so no distracting lights in front of you when you watch a movie.

The TV is a tad high, but you can't move it if that fireplace ever works. If you wanted to have the TV at eye level, you could swap everything 180 degrees and setup the TV and front speaker along the current back wall. Then the fireplace would be behind you and could even be fully functional.

Just ideas mind you! Congrats on a nice system!

thanks for the suggestions but, Wires are run to the inside so it would be a lil hard to get them over to the corners. Its a tri-level so on the opposite wall is the crawl space. With an access point that's pretty large so I oped for over the fire place. It is a tad high but when the seats r lounged out and your head back its pretty comfortable. I did toe the speakers in more, noticeable difference, good tip. keep 'em coming. Anyone ever drill into there fireplace? still a little weary about it holding the metal mount and the heavy speaker.

What about lowering the TV, and hanging the center above it? You would need some sound treatment on the ceiling in front of it to reduce reflections. You also could put some treatment on the walls by the left and right to reduce the reflections since you can't move them away from the walls.

thanks for the suggestions but, Wires are run to the inside so it would be a lil hard to get them over to the corners. Its a tri-level so on the opposite wall is the crawl space. With an access point that's pretty large so I oped for over the fire place. It is a tad high but when the seats r lounged out and your head back its pretty comfortable. I did toe the speakers in more, noticeable difference, good tip. keep 'em coming. Anyone ever drill into there fireplace? still a little weary about it holding the metal mount and the heavy speaker.

i had to drill into concrete to hang one of my thx surrounds. Just need a masonry bit and a tapcon. Should be the se

For brick as concrete but I'm not 100% on that. I defentely would leave your tv where it is and try and get your center channel tweeter the exact same height as your towers if its possible. Other suggestion I would have would be your spare sub in the back vs the side? Bet that stuff sounds great in there. Nothing like having a dedicated room. I'm loving my new room. Congrats!

i had to drill into concrete to hang one of my thx surrounds. Just need a masonry bit and a tapcon. Should be the se
For brick as concrete but I'm not 100% on that. I defentely would leave your tv where it is and try and get your center channel tweeter the exact same height as your towers if its possible. Other suggestion I would have would be your spare sub in the back vs the side? Bet that stuff sounds great in there. Nothing like having a dedicated room. I'm loving my new room. Congrats!

I mounted shelves to my rear wall which is concrete brick. I used a floating shelf and reinforced with decorative "L" braces. A masonry drill bit and 3" masonry screws like Scrappy mentioned work great. Rock solid with zero movement.

Scrappy is thinking like I was lol. when I mount my center it should line up perfectly with my towers tweeters. And the plan for the sub was to be on the back oppsite wall (where the dog cage is) but while fishing the speaker wires thru the duct work we found it to tight and kept getting the RCA cable stuck. So after hours of fail after fail I just said I would but it there on the side. I plan of adding a love seat along that wall and then will be able to move the sub behind the main couch (without tripping over the wires). And thanks to all for the comments. Any one know where a good place to get unique Klipsch posters and plaques and what nots is?