BUILD THREAD: 4 Stereo Integrity 18's

Scrappydue

Hmmm...the youtube video's I'm looking at show that you need a multimeter AND a clamp meter to test for wattage output on an amp. Is that right?

Only if your testing a car audio amp. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2goZXCbMM

Okay, thanks again. So you turn up the gain until you can hear your speaker distorting? Is there any danger in that? Does it matter if the speaker is in, or out of the box? Is it easier to hear the distortion with the speaker in free air?

Hmmm...the youtube video's I'm looking at show that you need a multimeter AND a clamp meter to test for wattage output on an amp. Is that right?

Only if your testing a car audio amp. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2goZXCbMM

Okay, thanks again. So you turn up the gain until you can hear your speaker distorting? Is there any danger in that? Does it matter if the speaker is in, or out of the box? Is it easier to hear the distortion with the speaker in free air?

That's just a example to show how you measure, AC voltage BTW.

That's just a example to show how you measure, AC voltage BTW.

Looking through the comments on that YouTube video, there are all kinds of criticisms of the methodology there. This electrical measurement stuff is all over my head, so I'll probably not go further down that road. I've just sent an email to Parts Express tech support to get their thoughts on amp selection.

Hey guys can we make a new thread for all this please.

That would probably be best. I wonder if a moderator is able to pick all this up starting with my post from last night and put it in a different thread?

Mod said you have to start a new thread. But nothing from here can be moved. Only deleted.

It's a single 15 in a sealed box. Yes four ported 10's will be able to hang with it at the minimum and probably spank it. The popping is probably you smacking the top plate and bottoming the thing out. If you want impressive HT bass from a sealed setup you're going to have to go bigger. Start a new thread and we can talk about it with this in mind so we don't jack up scrappy's thread any more.