DIY Surround Mounts

TasDom

Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day Weekend!

I recently bought a minty pair of RS7's with stands on CL for a great deal [:D] My room is somewhat challenging and the location I needed to mount these was about 8.5 feet high. They needed to be angled down but the mounts I looked at were both pricey and obtrusive.

I went to Lowe's to get some ideas. I saw these and had a brainstorm. The hole pattern matched perfectly and with a little bit of chain, I was all set. 26.00 dollars later and here they are.......

CL Buy.jpg

cool idea. very easy to adjust speaker angle. looks very good to.

I used two small L-brakets with holes to mount my brother in laws Polk bookshelf speakers, sorry guys, we couldn't find any cheap Klipsch to upgrade his surrounds and center.

1" bolt with nut goes into short "arm" of the bracket and long arm need to be mounted on the wall with screw facing up. attach second bracket to the speaker and hang it on the first bracket. you can adjust angle of the speaker by bending brackets and moving bracket mounted on the speaker up or down. you also canturn speaker left or rirgt a bit- just little bit more flexibility with finding righ to left angle. it pretty cheap too, they were like $2 a piece at Lowe's. but there is one big flaw: these cheap L-brackets made out of galvanized steel and don't look pretty, but they can be painted pretty easy.

cool idea. very easy to adjust speaker angle. looks very good to.

I used two small L-brakets with holes to mount my brother in laws Polk bookshelf speakers, sorry guys, we couldn't find any cheap Klipsch to upgrade his surrounds and center.

1" bolt with nut goes into short "arm" of the bracket and long arm need to be mounted on the wall with screw facing up. attach second bracket to the speaker and hang it on the first bracket. you can adjust angle of the speaker by bending brackets and moving bracket mounted on the speaker up or down. you also canturn speaker left or rirgt a bit- just little bit more flexibility with finding righ to left angle. it pretty cheap too, they were like $2 a piece at Lowe's. but there is one big flaw: these cheap L-brackets made out of galvanized steel and don't look pretty, but they can be painted pretty easy.

Thanks. Sounds like you got creative as well. Gotta think outside the box once in a while.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...