FS: Fastlane - Cornscala Wood Horns - SOLD

Gorm

No need to lower the crossover point but it does improve things some to run at 500 instead of 600. Also, the ability to attenuate the mids is helpful. I imagine that new networks will be on your wish list next.

Fastracs are a huge improvement for the money IMHO!

Any way to mount them in verticals ?

Verticals don't lend themselves to this easily unless you are building new motorboards. You would have to patch old squawker holes and cut new to use the original motorboards and I don't see a good reason for all that work.

I would seriously consider setting the Fastracs on top of the cabinet. Install new binding posts on the back for your inputs. Attach the squawker connection on the crossovers to the old terminal strip so you can connect your mid drivers externally. Your old horn will now be leaking air where the driver used to be so you need to plug this. I just left the original drivers and for the Fastracs I used some k55-m drivers that I picked up.

The horns include the K-55 adapters. I'm pretty sure most Cornwalls have some version of the K-55 in them.

I would say most, if not all, of the CW I's have some version of the K55. But when it comes to having CW II's, that's when they changed to ones like K-57, K-53, etc., which are bolt on drivers rather than screw on's like the K55.

There were even some of the CW I's that had the internals of CW II's (like mine did). Lowering the crossover point to the 450Hz range (i.e. new crossovers) would definitley create problems if the K-57 or K53 drivers were still used.