Audio out from IPAD>>Success Update

USNRET

I know this is bending the lines between forums but it is a 2 channel system. Besides its busier here.

I have the new IPAD with lightning connector. I would like to use the IPAD to listen to TuneIn Radio at work. I am using an Jolida FX-10 integrated amp.

I would like to go from IPAD with analog out to aux input of amp but if that's not possible I could enlist the use of a spare Emotiva XDA-1 (or 2) DAC via USB from IPAD; again if possible.

Any Apple IPAD dudes with thoughts?

I connect the analog out from my iPad into the aux input of my AES AE-1 Pre. The signal coming from the iPad is weak so you have to crank up the volume somewhat but it works fine for me.

What I forgot to ask and was my intended question in the orginal post: what connector do you / would I use with the lightning port?

Currently, there is no converter to use via the lightning connector. You have to use the "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" in conjunction with an "Apple Composite AV Cable" to get audio to your Pre and/or Amp.

CAN the lightning port be used?

Try a Dragonfly USB DAC if you can. It's likely to greatly improve the musical sound. As I understand it, the Dragonfly substitutes its DAC circuit for the internal DAC just by plugging it into a laptop's or desktop's USB port. I and a colleague have heard a very substantial improvement just by plugging the D/F into a USB port with no further connections. I have used its built-in headphone jack to drive Klipsch Promedias with excellent results.

Thanks all. I tried out the mini plug out to RCA in and it worked. It has been a while since I powered up the Jolida and now I find several noisey tubes. I will be bringing a EMO Mini-x amp and XDA-2 DAC in on Monday to try out the Lightning to USB input on the DAC.

As an aside, I picked up the Jolida amp NIB on a trade deal and really haven't used it. Now that it has tube issues I guess it's time to put it out to pasture.

I tried the lightning to USB cord supplied into a passive USB A to B adapter then to the Emotiva XDA-1 and 2 with no luck, internal IPAD speaker continued to work. I picked up the Apple Camera Connection adapter @ $29.95 (lightning to USB) and fed it into the XDA-2; works majority of the time on TuneIn radio as long as multi-tasking doesn't occur it is solid with no volume control from IPAD. While music playing I occasionally had drop out and once a re-boot if I switched over to Safari.

Hope this might help someone if they care to try. The info on the inter-web is spotty and mainly concerns non-powered DACs (uses the IPAD USB power to operate). I am up for now.