RF-62 ii 5.1 System, what to buy for 7.1?

sfatula

First of all, if I were buying the RF-62 system, I would consider getting everything but upgrading the sub to the SW-115. People who have them rave about them, and in Home Theater, there is never too much sub. As for going to a 7.1, you have a choice of bookshelf speakers for the rear or more surrounds. I think the RB-51 ii's would serve nicely as rears, while the rs-52 ii's would be your side surrounds.

That's my 2 cents worth.

One more vote for Klipsch's biggest sub! Or ditch the Klipsch and go with an Svs, hsu, or psa subwoofer. Much better value. And I'd also save some money and stay with the RB-51's in the surround rear channels. And not sure if you already started to purchase your set but if not give mike at acoustic sound design a call. He will give the best prices anywhere that you will find, but you HAVE TO CALL HIM ON THE PHONE. 99% of the time he will answer the number on the site.

Mounting them flush to the wall? If so the go with the RB-61ii instead. Same size horn as the rest of the speakers and front ported so it can be mounted flush.

[Y] YEP , [<:o)]

Scrappydue ,

Is dead on right on his suggestion for backs !

get the RB-61II mounted as close to ear level as you can OR if you need them higher just slightly angle them down aimed at your listening position [Y]

The rs-52ii's on the side will be flush and are side ported. And they already have key holes. RB-61ii's you will either want shelves or brackets or you can simply buy a couple key holes and screw them into the speaker yourself. Measure twice and drill once if you do this.

I do because I payed retail once when I was very low ranking over seas in the military working very hard for my money. You can imagine how I felt after joining here and finding out the deals you can get. So yeah lol I always am first to say that. Many chime in to newbies and don't even mention it though. I feel like I have probably saved new members a few thousand dollars since I have been part of this forum. My good deed of you will haha.

^^^I try to mention it to, but you always beat me to it, lol. I kinda figured it out on my own luckily tho. After I got a quote from my local place(which was still less than MSRP), the day before I was going to go buy the stuff I decided to call around. Boy am I glad I did, I was able to upgrade to the RF-82II +115 system in my sig instead of the RF-62II with a 112 and *still* paid less than I would have if I would have just went with their original quote.

Well, for home theater, bigger is better. The 115 is going to go deeper and have more output than the 310. The biggest plus about the 310 is I believe it includes it's own room correction software, but not really needed if you have a decent AVR. I really like my 115, it blends really nicely with the rest of my system.

15x25. Why the 115?

lol my room is 12x23.5 with 6'11" ceilings and I have 4 18's!!!! To be able to keep up with your mains in a large room at high volumes you need to be able to move air. Period. I used to have dual svs ultras. And while they are monsters in output and depth they still were only 13" woofers. My 4 18's cost me half as much and I can demo at insane volumes without any strain on my gear. It's good for your gear to not have to run so hard. I would imagine even if you bought 4 on the sw-310 they would not hit reference levels at 30hz or below.

Well, for home theater, bigger is better. The 115 is going to go deeper and have more output than the 310. The biggest plus about the 310 is I believe it includes it's own room correction software, but not really needed if you have a decent AVR. I really like my 115, it blends really nicely with the rest of my system.

thats the sw-311 hence it's ridiculous price bump. I'd go for at least dual sw-115. That or steer away from klipsch. You can always try to build your own. It's very easy.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/176347.aspx